eBay Is Making me Change my User ID!

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
After 6+ years of having the seller ID soulstrut-com, I get an e-mail from eBay saying that my ID violates their current policy of having a URL or Web address in my username. If I don't change it my account will be suspended. Is it me or is eGay getting more and more like Nazi Germany?

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wow that sucks

they are a hegemon and can hardly be challenged

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    That is pretty crappy. I could see them doing this and not allowing new ID's like that, but to make a long time member change names it just dumb. Will this affect people that have you bookmarked and whatnot?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Do they want people doing business with them even? Cause they've done just about everything to halt my purchases and sales as of late. What they need to do is get rid of the fucking "Buy it Now" bullshit and keep it an auction site, stop this bullshit as of late, and keep their listing prices cheap.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I can't fathom why they would do this? A lot of their recent changes make some sense but this makes no sense at all.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The Bidder history change seems to have taken effect too.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    After 6+ years of having the seller ID soulstrut-com, I get an e-mail from eBay saying that my ID violates their current policy of having a URL or Web address in my username. If I don't change it my account will be suspended. Is it me or is eGay getting more and more like Nazi Germany?

Can you change it to soulstrut and keep your history? All your feedback, member since, etc?

• Please, ebay is just trying to keep its customers safe from "the bad guys".

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    would it be possible to change it from soulstrut.com to soulstrutdotcom ?

• After 6+ years of having the seller ID soulstrut-com, I get an e-mail from eBay saying that my ID violates their current policy of having a URL or Web address in my username. If I don't change it my account will be suspended. Is it me or is eGay getting more and more like Nazi Germany?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    would it be possible to change it from soulstrut.com to soulstrutdotcom ?

or soulrstrutdotcombitches?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I can't fathom why they would do this? A lot of their recent changes make some sense but this makes no sense at all.

it totally makes sense...if people know that other websites exist besides ebay, they may be tempted to buy stuff through other channels.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Change your name to "Soulstrut-Dot-Communist"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Change your name to MELLOWGOLDMOUSTACHERAERZ

• Wouldn't this anonymous bidder thing just make it way easier for people to bump up their own auctions?

• this sucks dude. peace, stein. . .

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    at which point does egay get sued for fucking with folk's livlihood?
    what if selling records was your only source of income and they pull that stunt?
    they can do whatever they want because it's a private service?
    are there no limits on what they can impose?

fuck its time for a new system that usurps paypal and ebay
    i hope the google thing gives the world a viable alternative
    gemm revised could be a good look or something similar to gemm for black crack heads

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Change your user name to "ebaysucksass" and see if that violates their rules.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Change your user name to "ebaysucksbutt[/b]" and see if that violates their rules. Ass is a swear *eyeroll