Help with a 12 inch single Maltese

RECORDREEPERRECORDREEPER 26 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I got a 12 inch single recently in a collection I bought and cannot find any info on it. I have looked everywhere and am hoping someone here has an extensive knowledge of 12 inch singles. Artist: Maltese Label: Master Five Side A: Who is Cruising the Cruiser Side B: Where has Love Gone Any info would be appreciated. This copy is sealed so if anyone can let me know what genre of music it is it would help me decide whether to open it or leave it sealed. Also a general value would be appreciated.

Comments

• Post deleted by Jonny_Paycheck

• General Value: $38-$523

Type Of Music: Psychadelic Boogie Rap

Rarity: Beyond Popsike

• Thanks,
    I assume beyond popsike means extremely rare. It sounds like I should leave it sealed even though I am dying to hear it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Beyond Popsike

The mind fairly boggles.

• This one is actually worth more open. There was a massive re-sealing campaign for damaged copies that were stamped wrong... so if you open it and it is not damaged it's worth big time $$$$$.... if you leave it sealed, it is only worth like $20-30.

Also, do you have the copy with the red dot at the top of the label? Or the colored vinyl? Those are worth STUPID money.

• Were they damaged so that they cannot play. What should I look for if the are stamped wrong. I will check everything when I get home. Label is white with purple square.

• yeah... rumor has it that because of some risquee content a local deacon grabbed all of the copies he could and took a knife to them... the label owner got them back through some kind of strong-arming and re-sealed them all. So if you open it, and there aren't huge knife gashes, you've got at least a $100 record on your hands. But if it doesn't have the red dot or colored vinyl it is worth approximately $27-31 dollars less.

• how does a mom in bridgeport know her daughter's on the rag?

because her son's dick tastes funny.

• I know it is an original. It was purchased a long time ago. The question is whether it was slashed or not. What does the red dot or colored vinyl indicate. Is it possible that this is from the first press not obtain by the slasher?

• No the red dot is actually some really weird shit. Apparently the label owner was deep into some eastern religion hindu stuff and so he put a red dot on his "favorite copies". If you know a little bit about the label the guy was very eccentric but also brilliant. So he claimed to use ESP to determine which records had "good energy" and which ones had "bad energy".

Suffice to say, he only dotted a few of them and that's why they're so valuable. Also the colored vinyl was promo-only.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I know it is an original. It was purchased a long time ago. The question is whether it was slashed or not. What does the red dot or colored vinyl indicate. Is it possible that this is from the first press not obtain by the slasher?

I think that people are funning on you.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This is either a brilliant inside practical joke or a great eccentric record story. Applause either way.

I know it is an original. It was purchased a long time ago. The question is whether it was slashed or not. What does the red dot or colored vinyl indicate. Is it possible that this is from the first press not obtain by the slasher?

You sound jealous.

• I know it is an original. It was purchased a long time ago. The question is whether it was slashed or not. What does the red dot or colored vinyl indicate. Is it possible that this is from the first press not obtain by the slasher?

You sound jealous.

SAYING.

Howard you might know some stuff about random rap but leave the raer disco to the pros, OK?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I just looked at my copy, and it has the red dot... on ebay it shall go.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Recordreeper.

i shouldn't say this in public but i will anyway.

listen, if yours doesn't have the red-dot.
    bring it the new york flea market.
    i have the original marker used by the hindi loving deacon label owner.
    i can dot yours.
    then we'll seal it back up in the shrink and you can sell that on ebay.

btw: if you do come out to the flea. i'm looking for records by groups like cameo, bt express, and dazz band. Please only in VG condition or less.

• I am actually the other guy who sometimes sells stuff with recordreeper. I am just using his account to find info about this 12". I will be bringing several crates of NM singles to the flea this weekend.

• Can anyone guide me to any sites that might have info on this 12 inch and help me confirm the above stories regarding this release.

• It's not gonna be on any website dog. BEYOND POPSIKE.

It's not gonna be on any website dog. BEYOND POPSIKE.

What do any of us really know of this kingdom past the rainbow where Reynaldo rules with a golden fist?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Can anyone guide me to any sites that might have info on this 12 inch and help me confirm the above stories regarding this release.

i can connect you to the guy who did choral arrangements on the record. his resume is online and he can confirm the story behind it.

• Can anyone guide me to any sites that might have info on this 12 inch and help me confirm the above stories regarding this release.

estoericvinyl.org
    TwelveInfo.Com

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I just looked at my copy, and it has the red dot... on ebay it shall go.

But dude,
    what about the copy with the [color:blue]Blue Dot[/color] !

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I thought this thread was gonna be about these guys:

You guys really let me down.

• i'm gonna ask a few moms next time i go into bridgeport is this true, i can't believe everything i hear on the net , i know the ufo shit is true

• what up young boss, i was pleased that when i told my boy to check with the strut mob you responded , it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside , he turned to me as his resident 12' expert any way we are bringing a lot of shit this weekend maybe taking two spaces i got a lot of latin and cuban shit plus 12s he's bringing alot too. so check in i didnot know where to begin with the latin so i'm pricing on facial expressions so remember to keep the poker face on naw we gonna be letting shit go cheap so come get your .0000000000000001% discount and this time it will apply to purchases under 50 items you only have to buy 45 records to get an unheard of .0000000000000001% discount !!!!!! hope year is off to a great start , if i don't see you i'll try to stop by shop to get some palm

• I contacted an individual who worked on the 12 inch and is credited on the label, probably the same individual you are referring to. This was his response.

"The orginal label owner, Clarence Lawton is dead. I have no knowledge re: any of the info you provided. Sorry!

As for as the deacon, he probably either did not listen to the lyrics or understand them. He would have discovered "The Golden Rule."

So far this story seems to be just a rumor.

• We will be at the Flea Market today. The Reeper is over there now and I will be there by about 11pm. There was confusion yesterday as we were told the market would not be opening. Then at about 9-10 she opened.