Dog Ownerz?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I picked up a pair of dog bones from the butcher yesterday and plan on giving them to my friend's dog.I'm not a dog owner, so does anybody have any tips on KnickKnackPattyWack? Can I throw the bone into the microwave to give it a little warmth or room temp is what dogs prefer.Health issues & behavioral concerns?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Can I throw the bone into the microwave to give it a little warmth or room temp is what dogs prefer.

This is cracking me up... most dogs don't have the most discriminating palates; I think they'll appreciate the bones at either temperature.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Can I throw the bone into the microwave to give it a little warmth or room temp is what dogs prefer.

This is cracking me up... most dogs don't have the most discriminating palates; I think they'll appreciate the bones at either temperature.

Haha.

Well both bones are in the freezer until I see the dogs owner. I'm not gonna take it out of the freezer and serve it frozen. I planned on defrosting it and maybe......blahblahblah

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Haha.

Well both bones are in the freezer until I see the dogs owner. I'm not gonna take it out of the freezer and serve it frozen. I planned on defrosting it and maybe......blahblahblah

Yeah, defrosting is probably advisable.

Although a lot of dogs that have been exposed to ice cream seem to acquire a taste for anything frozen... our family dog liked frozen peas, and my theory was always that she thought they were actually ice cream.

Some dogs like ice cubes, too.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Make sure the bones are big enough so the dogs won't choke on em. The owner might not even give them to em if they're too small.

Also, doesn't apply here, but DOG OWNERS, NEVER EVER GIVE YOUR DOG HOOVES TO CHEW ON. THEY SMELL LIKE SHIT AND MAKE THE DOG SMELL LIKE SUCH.

• Roast that bone.

No, really....a raw bone has the marrow inside, that can go bad and make a dog sick, so roast that bone to a nice golden brown, let it cool, and your pooch will think hes in heaven.

• Yeah, defrosting is probably advisable.

Although a lot of dogs that have been exposed to ice cream seem to acquire a taste for anything frozen... our family dog liked frozen peas, and my theory was always that she thought they were actually ice cream.

Some dogs like ice cubes, too.

or this could be because dogs dont sweat, instead cooling themselves by channeling air across their tongue. maybe a nice frozen pea or cube is just what muttley needs to cool off after a long day of...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Roast that bone.

No, really....a raw bone has the marrow inside, that can go bad and make a dog sick, so roast that bone to a nice golden brown, let it cool, and your pooch will think hes in heaven.