DJ's Forrest Getemgump,Miss Shingaling, Jared Boxx

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited January 2007 in Announcements
A night of Smokin' Soul in the form of 45's in Akron Ohio @ The Lime Spider Thursday January 25, 2007 with DJ Forrest Getemgump, MISS SHING-A-LING and DJ Jared Boxx ! 21 and up $2.....45's, LP's soul,funk,breaks,beats,vibes,net working, b boys, b girls, wall flowers,etc etc........

Comments

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    Highly considering making the drive up to Akron on Thursday.

You probably know we got Shing-a-ling here in Columbus At the Rumba Cafe on Saturday the 20th. Shes doing that OH circuit....... as is Forest. I just saw him at this B-boy Jam in COLS this last weekend.

Your night sounds live. Is it a regular night or a one off?

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Whats' going on? I saw that you guys have Ms. Shingaling coming also. I was telling Forrest that I needed to check yall out one night and make a trip to Columbus.... Ohio needs to colloborate seriously. Actually this is Forrest's event which should be going on once a month (Thursday's).

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    Yes!!!

Ohio needs to do some collabo stuff with the collectors and Dj's . I know of the night at Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland but havent made it out and I have talked to one of the Cinci cats who has a monthly down there. We just need to put together an Ohio Funk Summit. Outside would be killin em.

I agree there are a couple of other nights here were vintage vinyl is spun as well as some pretty big collectors... we need to do a collabo...there is ALOT of vinyl that goes out to the world straight from Ohio...I was talking to Forrest about this same exact thing!!!!!!

this is tomorrow night.....