Friends With Annoying Pets (NRR)

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I'm sure i'm not the only one to experience this. You go to your friends house, and immediately their dogs begin barking to no end, and after a half hour, they still haven't let up. No matter how many times your friend yells at them to stop, or tells you "they usually don't act like this", it doesn't help. I was at another friends house the other day, and his dog would not stop jumping up on the couch I was sitting on, and biting and pulling at my shirt at the cuffs, or my shoelaces, or my pants. And of course the constant leg-humping...This went on for about an hour until I realized I had to leave his house altogether. I notice these friends are friends I seldom visit at their own homes, and I doubt i'm the only friend of theirs to do so being that i've seen their dogs in action around other people as well. Anyone else ever not visit a friend often due to their annoying ass pets??

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    oh my god.
    back in the day my buddy lived in a pretty shitty house. im talking just falling apart, and dirty. they had this dog roscoe that would plat himself down in the room we were hanging out in and just lick and scratch himself for hours. it drove me fuckin nuts. i would hear him slurping his ass and nibbling and just endlessly at it. im sure he had fleas and was treated like shit and underfed but pleease shut the fuck up.

• When I was around 14 some family friends came up to Atlanta from Fort Lauderdale for a weekend visit. They brought the whole family including their German Shorthaired Pointer, Mack. Our family met theirs at the front door and while we were all hugging and saying hello Mack snuck into my sister's room, lifted the brick off the top of the guinea pig cage and proceded to eat said guinea pig. This took about 15 seconds. Next thing we heard was my sister screaming. Not a good start to the visit.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    When I was around 14 some family friends came up to Atlanta from Fort Lauderdale for a weekend visit. They brought the whole family including their German Shorthaired Pointer, Mack. Our family met theirs at the front door and while we were all hugging and saying hello Mack snuck into my sister's room, lifted the brick off the top of the guinea pig cage and proceded to eat said guinea pig. This took about 15 seconds. Next thing we heard was my sister screaming. Not a good start to the visit.

That's one proactive, crafty muhfuckin dog.

The only thing worse about impolite pets is owners who talk about their pet's unfunny antics incessantly.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

The only thing worse about impolite pets is owners who talk about their pet's unfunny antics incessantly.

these people shouldnt have kids.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Or owners that try to rationalize their pets' unacceptable bahavior.

Like my ex-girlfriend's roommate who had brought back a wild dog from Ghana that basically attacked me while I was sitting on the couch looking in the other direction, and she was all like "What did he [meaning me] do to provoke her?"

Nothing! This was clearly not a domestic animal!

• The only thing worse about impolite pets is owners who talk about their pet's unfunny antics incessantly.

Or owners that try to rationalize their pets' unacceptable bahavior.

Like my ex-girlfriend's roommate who had brought back a wild dog from Ghana that basically attacked me while I was sitting on the couch looking in the other direction, and she was all like "What did he [meaning me] do to provoke her?"

Nothing! This was clearly not a domestic animal!

?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    That would be funny if faux was visiting a posh NYC chalet with someone having a hyena in it, but hyenas aren't dogs. Nor cats.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

these people shouldnt have kids.

Agreed. And agreed.

Yes, I get it--your dog/cat/whatever is, like, sooooooo smart and zany. I don't give a shit.

• The worst are people that can't control.. or are too lazy to train their pet. My Girl's roomate has a little dog that barks at you if you don't play with it.. and also bites your feet. The girl did nothing while this was happening ... no "STOP" or "DON'T" I was like "Are you training you dog to be anoying" It was as if she could be bothered or.. how could I punish this cutsy wootsy little angel..

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The worst are people that can't control.. or are too lazy to train their pet.

or ignore the fact that not everyone is comfortable around animals. i've seen people do nothing to pull back their barking/jumping/humping/growling dog away from someone who is obviously scared out of their wits. "s/he won't bite" is little comfort to someone who is cowering.

• The worst are people that can't control.. or are too lazy to train their pet.

or ignore the fact that not everyone is comfortable around animals. i've seen people do nothing to pull back their barking/jumping/humping/growling dog away from someone who is obviously scared out of their wits. "s/he won't bite" is little comfort to someone who is cowering.

He wasn't cowering, he was "Looking in the other direction".

please

• Or how about people with screechy-ass birds always talmbout, "Gimme a little head"?

I mean, really. How is that OK on any level?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I live in Southern California where it seems every woman has one of those cotton ball dogs that do nothing but yap, yap, yap, yap. What's even more nauseating is that the owners often DRESS THEM UP. My office even has a couple of ladies who even bring their dogs to work. And what's even worse is that you can't express your annoyance with them or else they'll give you a filthy look as if you're some animal hater.

• Or how about people with screechy-ass birds always talmbout, "Gimme a little head"?

no respect

• Seems like dogs are always the culprits. Send them to Rocawear, I say.

The most offensive thing I said during class this year was that animals don't really think--not something I would have figured would have struck the collective nerve of my students. I still have a female student trying to convince me that her bird does things not out of being conditioned to do them, but because it is a genuine problem-solver.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Or how about people with screechy-ass birds always talmbout, "Gimme a little head"?

birds can pretty well eff off. maybe its birds that are kept inside that can eff off. maybe its not the birds but the people who keep them. either way....

birds can pretty well eff off. maybe its birds that are kept inside that can eff off. maybe its not the birds but the people who keep them. either way....

LOL!

Fool, he's talking about me. I've had the same parrott since I was 5.

Naw but honestley, I have a total "hate vs love" thing with the lil' fucker. He's part of the family but sometimes I want that fool gone.

I wonder if he's on cagedfeathers.com talm' 'bout "friends with annoying owners?"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Or how about people with screechy-ass birds always talmbout, "Gimme a little head"?

LOL!

Fool, he's talking about me. I've had the same parrott since I was 5.

Someone needs to kidnap that bird so we can learn more about Moist's smooth mackadocious lines.

Raaaawwwk! Here comes the jalape??o!

Raaaawwwk! Am I doing it right?

Raaaawwwk! Don't come in, Mom!

One things for sure...The LAST thing that Polly wants is a cracker!

Herm