WEA Test Press ID

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
"come on get down to the schizophrenic sound"Pre-emptive late pass if this is some shit I should have already heard, but I copped this the other day and can't figure out what it is. It's a WEA Test Press from late 2000 with dope hip-hop. Here's the main track:weatestpress.mp3 - 5.28MB

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Please wherefore to listening?

• never heard it before, but I'm just guessing it's some dudes named Check Mark, Gerard, and Eric Brown.

Actually I think it's an emcee named Checkmark. Maybe it's this guy that's mentioned in this article.

http://www.gritrecords.com/releases_comeGetIt.asp

I have no idea actually. I'm bored so I tried to play detective.

Yeah, I sent this to my boy who whenever I play stuff he always at least thinks he's heard it before, and no dice. I know this isn't some mindblowing rarity but it'd be nice to have an ID nonetheless.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    It mentions the Red Sox, so looking up some hiphop outta Boston with keyword CheckMark came back with some stuff from Esoteric featuring a rapper named CheckMark. Just a thought...

• It mentions the Red Sox, so looking up some hiphop outta Boston with keyword CheckMark came back with some stuff from Esoteric featuring a rapper named CheckMark. Just a thought...

It disses them tho

"loose like the red sox"

Which places it sometime between 1918 and 2004. Good luck.

Yeah, I know it's from Boston, and that it was pressed in 2000. New England headz step up and tell me what this is!

• as they say in the first verse, this is the skitzofreniks.

not a huge fan.

I want to say there was a guy in the group called "charlie balls."

as they say in the first verse, this is the skitzofreniks.

not a huge fan.

I want to say there was a guy in the group called "charlie balls."

Yeah, lyrically this is poo but beat wise it's decent.