(should i be showing a late pass?)

ITS ALL THAT.

elf freak.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    whats that dead animal doing there ?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    dude, she's in the harpotron future.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Nice record. The LP packaging is pretty impressive (except for the font they chose for her name on the back, which is the same font used at every single budget Greek restaurant in America, you know the one. It is as if the designer left that detail until the end, and, at the end of the day, was terribly late and hungry for some pita and hummus, and just sorta let it happen).

Aside from methamphetamines, I can't think of anything else noteworthy to come out of Nevada City.

The Milk-Eyed Mender is tops as well.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    (should i be showing a late pass?)

ITS ALL THAT.

elf freak.

Is that the raccoon dog everyone is talking about?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i havent really listened to it yet but i had it on my ipod and i was listening to some rap or something and then i hear this elf hijack my ipod and it scared the shit out of me. i don't think girl is really meant to be a headphone banger

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    "The Milk Eyed Mender" has the distinction of being one of only 2 records I've ever bought and then sold the same day.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    "The Milk Eyed Mender" has the distinction of being one of only 2 records I've ever bought and then sold the same day.

the other?

• "The Milk Eyed Mender" has the distinction of being one of only 2 records I've ever bought and then sold the same day.

that's funny.

small doses for me.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

that's funny.

small doses for me.

for me too!!! I returned all the records I can't listen to front to back and her first lp was one of them... Good stuff on their but after about 2 songs, I can't take it anymore.

then this Christmas comes along, and a good friend buys me her 2nd album. I haven't even opened it yet.

• elf freak.

i think i heard a piece of that Ys thing. she's like hipster white folks answer to jewel.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Ys

any one else think of Turbo Grafix 16 when you see the title of this? Early 90's video game raer. One of my favorites of all time.

• that is a TITE AZZ KARAOKE MACHINE

• that is a TITE AZZ KARAOKE MACHINE

on deck:

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

the other?

this:

in my defense i was 17 when it came out and the idea of a Boredoms/Sonic Youth/DJ Spooky super group actually sounded right up my alley...until I actually heard it.

• Ys is my favorite album of the 21st Century.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    what about her voice?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    beautiful and unique and makes me want to smoke weed

we've had this discussion before.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Ys

ys indeed

this shit's gorgeous.

That said, I can see how some folks would not like this... It IS harp music made by an elf, after all.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i love both her albums. and i want to fuck her in an enchanted forest. it just seems right.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

I'd be interested to hear what her music would sound like if she talked into that darth vader voice changer as she sang her songs!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    what about her voice?

When my old band played at this festival a couple of years ago, she was on after us. I think it must have been the first time most of the audience had heard her, because there was a mess of "WTF?" -type expressions in the tent when she began to sing. She's definitely an acquired taste, and not one that everybody's likely to acquire either. To people who haven't heard her, I'd say, at least take a listen - I have a feeling she's got some extraordinary music in her, if that last record's anything to go by. Her shit may be a little hard to listen to, but that ain't the same as unlistenable.

• i just downloaded marissa nadler - songs III and it totally kicks azz over this elfen magic.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    beautiful and unique and makes me want to smoke weed

we've had this discussion before.

Thanks for this. I think i'm sold?
    Reminds me of this:

one of my favorite releases from last year...

• I really like her.
    I haven't heard Y's, but I love Walnut Whales.
    "Peach, Plum, Pear" is fucking amazing.

Also, if anyone in Melbourne has a spare ticket to the Forum show, I NEED one.
    She's playing with Smog.