kill your cell phone.

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I spiked mine on the cold concrete a couple hours ago. Perhaps a bad look in the short term, but I got pushed to the edge by bad service. It's gone now. I guess I'll get a new phone with a new carrier tomorrow.Anyone else have a similar story?

Comments

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    that sucks. i know the feeling. i've been tempted. but this reminds me of the days of skateboarding when kids who would get frustrated would "focus" their skateboard, meaning, stomp on it, snapping it in half or pieces. a definite NALGA

is your phone under warranty?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    this reminds me of the days of skateboarding when kids who would get frustrated would "focus" their skateboard, meaning, stomp on it, snapping it in half or pieces. a definite NALGA

That shit always cracked me up. You missed that heelflip, now you
    missed the heelflip and need a new board. WTF?!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    while running away from dogs.. i broke my slick razr phone in 2. Freelance computer work has it's ups and it's downs.. On the plus side, bought the phone from costco for $40 with an in-store rebate. They gave me the full value of the phone back $150. Which was 3/4 of a year ago. So.. long story short. I got a brand new Razr phone plus an extra $110 at Costco.

yes indeed.

- spidey

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    while running away from dogs..

Not enough stories start like this anymore.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    4 years ago i had a serious stalker. it made me throw out the celly out of the window into the canal. it landed on a floatin land of cane (we have those in the canals to stimulate flora and fauna). i could still see my celly for over a year.
    nowadays they have competitions in cellphone throwing (powered by nokia).

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    this reminds me of the days of skateboarding when kids who would get frustrated would "focus" their skateboard, meaning, stomp on it, snapping it in half or pieces. a definite NALGA

Steve Rocco supposedly 'invented' the art of focusing boards: if it became 'cool' to snap your board in half, then kids would buy more, right?
    Check Jeremy Klein stomping Ron Chatman's board in half at the 2.20 mark in his 'Rubbish Heap' part, back in '89.

I remember during the EMB-era, boards were getting stomped every day. Stupid, but strangely fun.

Sorry to take this discussion off-point!

To get back on track, I slung my Motoral RAZR just before Christmas: too many stupid issues with the Bluetooth/Mac synching. Upgraded to a Nokia 8800 Sirocco... seems to be much better.

• I stomped the living shit outta my cell phone last year in a fit of rage over dropped calls. NAGL... but those that know me well, know that I lose it like that every now and then. Pretty funny actually... though not as funny as my penchant for leaving incredibly long voicemail messages that branch off into different topics, questions, etc. THAT's funny shit.... just ask DJ Daze or Asprin...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    It's all about focusing your board to the point were they's only a 3" x 3" piece of wood stuck to the trucks.

• I spiked mine on the cold concrete a couple hours ago. Perhaps a bad look in the short term, but I got pushed to the edge by bad service. It's gone now. I guess I'll get a new phone with a new carrier tomorrow.

Anyone else have a similar story?

i just recently focused my phone. uninsured sprint user. let me just say...best thing i did in a minute. got a new phone with camera, better functions, this phone gets reception at my home..... a big plus. to reup i had to pay $55, but it wasn't a problem because instead of just coughing up money sprint let's you buy accessories with the money.....now i have a car charger and headset. i think i ended up on top here. focus your phone.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

what video game music is this? its gonna kill me...

• DWGDWG 334 Posts

I think it's one of the Mario games, probably on SNES knowing Jeremy Klein...

• this reminds me of the days of skateboarding when kids who would get frustrated would "focus" their skateboard, meaning, stomp on it, snapping it in half or pieces. a definite NALGA

That shit always cracked me up. You missed that heelflip, now you
    missed the heelflip and need a new board. WTF?!

i love going to a skatepark and see someone so seious about some stock trick and everytime they miss they're just like Fuuuukkk, or whatever obscene word u can throw out X's 200 and then finally they try and "focus" their board and it doesnt brake! hahaha

• they try and "focus" their board and it doesnt brake! hahaha

I had a friend who would get really pissed when he missed a trick. One time he jumped up in the air and landed in the middle of the board but it didn't brake. He was on a really slight hill and came down at just the right angle that the board slid out from under him. He landed on his ass and broke his fucking tail bone. He cried like a little bitch and wouldn't get up. He made us go to a pay phone and call his mom for him.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts

It's definately a nintendo game but not Super Mario. I'm thinking more of a Kid Icarus.

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    haha i know a guy that focuses his phones on the regular.

• what video game music is this? its gonna kill me...

It's definately a nintendo game but not Super Mario. I'm thinking more of a Kid Icarus.

Edit: damn I can't figure out what it is.