Who was the first to sample JB's-Funky President?

coldgettingdumbcoldgettingdumb 100 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Eric B & Rakim-Eric B Is President? (1986)or was there someone before that please

Comments

• Replayed interpolation in "Spoonie Is Back" by Spoonie Gee (1981) and Sugarhill Records recycled that instrumental for "Making Cash Money" by Busy Bee (1982).

• Thanks but why the need to be anal and tell me to take that shit to the breaks.com? (for the record they don't know)

Well my question was who sampled it first, using an instrumental or re-playing isn't the same thing, but I appreciate the info.

• This is why I don't visit this forum so much...

• very inconsiderate of you to retaliate with the powerful Real Heads Know The Deal??? pic

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    all of yall 06'ers

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    This is why I don't visit this forum so much...

• all of yall 06'ers
    Haha ok December oh-fiver.

• Thanks but why the need to be anal and tell me to take that shit to the breaks.com? (for the record they don't know)

Don't take it to heart, I just wanted to use that graemlin.

To be real with you, as far as a mechanical use of the recording, I can't think of an earlier SAMPLE than "Eric B Is President".

• I guess it was eric b. red alert scratched it on hip hop on wax

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Thanks but why the need to be anal and tell me to take that shit to the breaks.com? (for the record they don't know)

Well my question was who sampled it first, using an instrumental or re-playing isn't the same thing, but I appreciate the info.