WEEKEND FINDS

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Don't tell me track number 2 isn't the dance-off JAM.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    the record is not meant to be played.
    only imagined.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• I had a good weekend

LPs
    Skatalites-African Roots(UA) good god "Candle Light" is nice

Screamin' Jay Hawkins-I put a spell on you(Versatile) his crazy disco/funk album..."Africa Gone Funky" sounds like a Fela track, nuts.

James Mason - Rhythm of Life (Chiracusa) Sealed! a shrink-wrapped car payment...gonna put it on ebay, but PM a dude if you want it

45s

Fabulous Denos Bad Girl/Once I had a Love(king) whoa! my favorite record of the new year

Poindexter Bros Booga Man/Ride Ride Ride (Tuff) crazy shit

Roy Lee Johnson Anna let me love you/Boogaloo #3(Josie) really nice

Eddie Purrel The Spoiler/My Pride wont let me(volt) classic stax/volt number that is hard to find a playable copy of, musta been a party record around these parts because every copy you come across is hammered (this one is only VG, but it plays through ok)

Ray Franklin and his Orchestra Sweet Little Thing/Mercy (Chris) raer Memphis record with covers of even raerer Kim Melvin tunes

Litte Eva Harris Mr. Everything/Get Ready-Uptight(Spring) hard ass sister funk cover(s) of the Motown tunes....definitely will be a crowd pleaser

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

maggie thrett - soupy (dynovoice)

Are you the one that outbid me on the cheap
    copy last week? I was kicking myself for not
    having gone higher.

if you're bl*ckm*sk, so yes that's me ... the copy was only graded vg, but it plays really well ...

Yep, that was me - like I say, I knew I should have
    gone higher...the VG had me nervous, but that record never
    seems to show up for a low starting bid like that...$15 is
    a total STEAL!

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts

maggie thrett - soupy (dynovoice)

Are you the one that outbid me on the cheap
    copy last week? I was kicking myself for not
    having gone higher.

if you're bl*ckm*sk, so yes that's me ... the copy was only graded vg, but it plays really well ...

Yep, that was me - like I say, I knew I should have
    gone higher...the VG had me nervous, but that record never
    seems to show up for a low starting bid like that...$15 is
    a total STEAL!

yes ... a steal and a great record

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    picked up a couple of joints but I'm feeling this the most

soulmakosa

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Eddie Purrel The Spoiler/My Pride wont let me(volt)

Yeah, great single - I lucked into a $2 unplayed stock copy
    a couple years ago ... I am REALLY into the ballad side.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Pretty slow weekend record-wise. The 45 is Nancy Sinatra "Sugar Town" which was a free double from my girlfriend's stuff. I think I lost my copy of "Bridge Of Sighs" because I haven't seen it in years, so I had to re-buy. That Platters LP sounds cool, I never knew they did "soul" styled stuff.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    slow start this year. made up for it this weekend. $3-5 each.

• I have gone digging since last year- December 29th! I really need to go soon

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    slow start this year. made up for it this weekend. $3-5 each.

That Tidal Wave looks so cool, I've had it a couple times and always parted with it.
    I'd love to come up on another copy, seems like one of those records you come back too
    and say "Why the fuck did I ever get rid of this?!".

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Some cheap stuff last night, the King 25 Years Of R&B Hits is a great comp, Jay & The Techniques is a weird sounding mix, don't know if i like it or not. WOKY is a cool 60s rock comp, Slinger Community High School has a nice version of Mercy Mercy Mercy. Autumn is some private acoustic gospel pop/folk from Michigan that is actually pretty nice. 45s were more freebies, Billy Ocean "Love Really Hurts", Nancy Sinatra "So Long Babe" & an upgrade of Chuck Berry "My Ding A Ling".