Groove Holmes "No Trouble On The Mountain"

kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I've been loving this song for years now - my favorite Groove Holmes song ever. It's on the New Groove LP as well as one of those budget Groove Merchant two-fers called Hunk O'Funk. But nowhere on the LP credits does it list who the vocalist is. Does anyone know or have a guess as to who it could be?

Comments

• my favorite Groove Holmes song ever.

no idea who's singin' though

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    i love this song as well, def underappreciated

red onions is nice as well

but yeah, no trouble on the mountain is def some good steez

• Damn-I love this song-I've been wondering the same thing

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I've been loving this song for years now - my favorite Groove Holmes song ever. It's on the New Groove LP as well as one of those budget Groove Merchant two-fers called Hunk O'Funk. But nowhere on the LP credits does it list who the vocalist is. Does anyone know or have a guess as to who it could be?

amazing. i was listening to that record this am and wondering the same thing.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yeah nice cut, theres some killer tracks on that hunk-a-funk!
    he did some stuff with dakota staton on groove merchant also around the same time, im not familiar with her records though...

• I've been loving this song for years now - my favorite Groove Holmes song ever. It's on the New Groove LP as well as one of those budget Groove Merchant two-fers called Hunk O'Funk. But nowhere on the LP credits does it list who the vocalist is. Does anyone know or have a guess as to who it could be?

amazing. i was listening to that record this am and wondering the same thing.

Another random coincidence - I was watching the Groove Merchant guys spin at the Sugar Pie Desanto benefit last night, about two hours after posting this question, and our man peacefulrotation happened to play the song during his set!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    thers a 7inch repress from some years ago with a b-side from some female singer on some 45 label..."why don't you do it right" comes in a close second...but yeah, this track rules!!!!!

• New Groove was the first "expensive" record I bought in the mid 90's for $15.
    times have changed on how much I spend, but the dopeness of that cut hasn't.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Ok no-one gives a shit any more since this thread is pre-history.

But I was walking to work this morning and the name Jean Dushon popped into my head. I think she's the vocalist on No Trouble On the Mountain... be interesting to see if anyone else thinks so.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Ok no-one gives a shit any more since this thread is pre-history.

But I was walking to work this morning and the name Jean Dushon popped into my head. I think she's the vocalist on No Trouble On the Mountain... be interesting to see if anyone else thinks so.

i have cadet and chess 45s that have jean dushon on it. nice vocals...

though i dont know the GHolmes song youre talking about.