8 Ball Jackets making a comeback???????

2»

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I have to say for the last month I have seen a bunch of young cats running around with 8 Ball Jackets like that shit was some new improved shit! I mean back in the late 80's and early 90's cats used to get shot or stabbed for their jackets...plus, after awhile the shit became sooo played out that people were clowin' cats that wore them. Now I know the whole 80's punk shit was a craze for some and that shit is becoming played, but 8 Ball Jackets as the new flavor???????? I say super weak sauce!!!!!!!

AMIR

i work down the street from the projects (16th and 9th, nyc) and there is one dude who i have seen rocking an 8ball jacket on the daily for the last 4 months...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    The answer is actually YES they are! I just seen a boutique in Vegas that had OG 8 ball jackets for $750.00!!!!!!! I met this kid a while back that rapped named Cassidy and he told me his dad invinted the 8 ball jacket and they had two leather boutique shops, one in hollywood and one in las vegas. he was in Seattle because they opened a store here but it didn't last too long. Anyways now on to WMC! brickwalls? I may be doing a party there I will keep you posted. i'm definately playing a few spots.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Did I already miss the era where people tried to dance[/b] like this again:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I have to say for the last month I have seen a bunch of young cats running around with 8 Ball Jackets like that shit was some new improved shit! I mean back in the late 80's and early 90's cats used to get shot or stabbed for their jackets...plus, after awhile the shit became sooo played out that people were clowin' cats that wore them. Now I know the whole 80's punk shit was a craze for some and that shit is becoming played, but 8 Ball Jackets as the new flavor???????? I say super weak sauce!!!!!!!

AMIR

i work down the street from the projects (16th and 9th, nyc) and there is one dude who i have seen rocking an 8ball jacket on the daily for the last 4 months...

This morning I saw a dude at 125th and Lex wearing yellow cat's eye contacts--is this a trend, or was he just a lone weirdo?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    This morning I saw a dude at 125th and Lex wearing yellow cat's eye contacts--is this a trend, or was he just a lone weirdo?

the 8-ball shit in nyc has been on since the temp dropped a little last year in fall.

the cat eyes / ice blue joints / blood red eyes and / or fangs are the jumpy around st. marks. it's nice to see goths of all shades, not just pale.

the cat eyes / ice blue joints / blood red eyes and / or fangs are the jumpy around st. marks. it's nice to see goths of all shades, not just pale.

Yeah, this is the first dude I'd seen with them who wasn't gothed out: braids, fitted, and a parka.

• the cat eyes / ice blue joints / blood red eyes and / or fangs are the jumpy around st. marks. it's nice to see goths of all shades, not just pale.

Yeah, this is the first dude I'd seen with them who wasn't gothed out: braids, fitted, and a parka.

He was hiding his inner goth.

So did you guys strike up a conversation?

maybe homo thug? kids do the darndest things to get attention.

He was hiding his inner goth.

So did you guys strike up a conversation?

"Do you want to have lunch with this kid hemol?"

maybe homo thug?

Good call.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    This might be the boutique someone mentioned selling OG 8-Ball's for a grip, they specialize in selling 80's fashion to the same kids who think nothing of paying hundreds of $ on shit like BAPE and BBC. Check out some of the stuff on the site, it's like a bad fashion time machine. The only people who would wear 90% of this shit are too young to remember it the first time.

Fruition LV

man... people are dumb. fashion is at an all time high for being at an all time low.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

maybe homo thug?

Good call.

I dunno. sounds like the return of horrorcore to me.

• ok..so i am not buggin'!!! I mean remember the whole north beach then 8-ball BS, but I am sayin at least once a day i see 8 ball joints on YOUNG cats..disturbing to say the least. By the way, mad brick walls on the WMC..if u got hooks holla!!!

Amir

Isn't it a shame that djs like us have to hit brick walls and then guys like Mom Pants from the 70's show gets headlining dj gigs worldwide?! I mean howcome real djs can't get real dj props? I don't have a tv show cause I'm a dj feel me? Anyways 8 ball jackets sucked then and still do! So did cross colors. I'm with the Van Grack sweat suits and the sergio valenti jeans with the sheep sherling jacket, cazals and a kangol. Holla!

• I feel you...that's why I just do me either way! It would be great to catch up in Miami if possible if not then I guess I will catch u at APT....LOL!

Peace

• ha ha van grack...i had the ill boots, cats around my way thought they were louie v boots.

yea...last year i did the shore club, lots of promoters were all on some yoooo you killed it i want you to do xyz party. but now its like companies will stay frontin...but quick to give gigs to dj billy mash up..lyn collins and sing sing over david bowie yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
    seriously, last year there were mad parties..but the best one i went to ( i only went to about 4 and was there for over a week) was my man rich medinas...afro/funk/house sweat box style, lots of skunk in the air (thank you, thank you) heads lost it when bunny mack came on.

i will be there regardless...i got somethin in the works.

• Bring Back the CHAMPION sweatshirts from the 90's..I used to love them shittz but now you can't find 'em no place.."cuz their lyrics is played like 8 ball jackets'!!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    just saw a dude rocking the 8-ball at union square. looked mad corny. wft is going on? did i miss a memo?

• No...it's something new from what I heard..somethings need to stay in the past!
    amir

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    seems like everything comes back eventually. will straight-legged Lees ever be back in style? i can't wait to see thugs trying to hide their cals in those tight ass pants pockets!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I mean howcome real djs can't get real dj props?

Microwave

seems like everything comes back eventually. will straight-legged Lees ever be back in style? i can't wait to see thugs trying to hide their cals in those tight ass pants pockets!

Damn, I so used to rock the ill lee jeans! I remember I bought 20 pair of white twill lee jeans and then bought dye at the fabic shop and made my own colors that no one had!!!! yee.........can you say young fresh to def? Oh yeah and don't forget about hanging the tree air freshner off your pocket either. What ya' know about that? i'm so ready to rock those lees again.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    I mean howcome real djs can't get real dj props?
    Cause these dudes dont use gimmicks and novelties. If you are some actor dj, people are coming to see you as a novelty and could give a shit about the music. Or some other trendy fad dj that pigeonholes them self into a gimmick like mashups or whatever the flavor of the month is. Real djs dont do this, well most ones i consider real, dont. They keep it real and just get props from the headz instead of that mass appeal.

I guess its a trade off
    sell out - loose diginty and ethics but gain financial means
    keep it real - eat out of a tuna can but still get props from real mofos

Theres exceptions to the rule, but thin and far between.