Can Beckham get Football hot in USA

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Just Sayin.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    No,

But he will fill seats for the first year at games throughout North America.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

We'll get more her in the media.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Just Sayin.

Hell no--schitt is boring.

The only way to get Americans interested would be to substantially shrink the size of the field.

Just Sayin.

The only way to get Americans interested would be to substantially shrink the size of the field.

Yes, I am an Ugly American.

• Just Sayin.

Or split the game into quarters, or possibly 8ths for those with especially short attention spans... introduce time outs so people can go get more food, and have music played after every event to make up for the lack of passion for the sport over there...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    They must have big plans if they gave him $250 mil. It cant be just immigrants supporting the game.
    Joe Schmo w/ the parking lot party would have to pay attention right? Or do they totally ignore that demograph?

They must have big plans if they gave him $250 mil. It cant be just immigrants supporting the game.
    Joe Schmo w/ the parking lot party would have to pay attention right? Or do they totally ignore that demograph?

Somebody broke the deal down in that other thread--it's not what it looks like, and it apparently includes worldwide image rights.

• We'll get more her in the media.

She looks disgusting.

How many LA area residents will go to a game? I would if I lived down there.

• No.

• The absolute ceiling for the popularity of pro soccer in the US would be to maybe get to the same level of the NHL. And it's a stretch probably to think it'd get that popular.

Is youth soccer today still as popular in the 80s and 90s? I always thought that might make an impact as the kids got older but I guess they're smart enough to realize you ain't gonna make any money offa that.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

We'll get more her in the media.

She looks disgusting LA.