FONT TROUBLES (MAC RELATED)

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I'm officially moving my day job into my MAC. I installed MS Office for Mac. When I open applications, the standard Arial font comes up as this funky Erasure font I downloaded years a go. It's very annoying. Same thing happens in Firefox. Any way to remedy this?

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Do you have a font manager?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Do you have a font manager?

I have Font Book.

• Yeah, fontbook really does suck balls.
    I installed a bunch of new fonts this week and my computer is so slow now that I need to re-install my os.
    What is the standard font manager for desktop publishing right now (yeah, its been a minute).

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    suitcase

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Installing too many fonts will always wreck shit.
    I keep most of mine on CD's and some are also in a generic "myfonts" folder on my HD but they are NOT ALL INSTALLED unless I need them.

I use 'The Fontz X' for font management. It blows anything else I've tried out of the water. The main thing I like is the ability to preview UNINSTALLED fonts from CD etc.. Suitcase and Fontbook will not accomplish this as far as I know.

All I know is that EVERY installed font is checked by the system periodically for problems etc.. This will seriously effect the performance of the computer. I remember a time when I was green and I installed literally all my fonts (thousands) and it wrecked everything. My computer would barely even startup until I removed them all.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Never used The Fontz X

I use this one:

http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I fixed the problem for now. Instead of Arial, a font that I had installed called Eco-Files showed up (very annoying). I went into Font Book and removed Eco-Files now I have my lovely Arial back!

• Gravelhead:
    GREAT looking out.
    Man, I have been looking for something like this for years.
    Finally consolidated my fonts and removed all the duplicates.
    Took 2 hours, but well worth it.

• now lets get some trading on!
    haha

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    suitcase

Been using it for years and never had any problems!

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    now lets get some trading on!
    haha

I am in need