I am a Marketing Genius! (RR)

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Ha! Best meeting ever! I am finally able to combine my professional life with my musical life. My company, most specifically my group, will be at the 3GSM conference in Barcelona next month. For the past year or so we've been pushing our mobile Linux platform with various penguin related graphics. Penguin on a Segway, penguin on a Vespa, etc. Well, for this conference the theme is Funky Penguin. I threw out the idea almost as a joke, but everyone loves it! I will be DJing funk records including the Rufus Thomas classic for 3 hours at our booth and we will be serving cocktails called Funky Penguins. How awesome is that?!Now I just have to figure out how to get the rights to use the Rufus Thomas track for a CD single giveaway

Comments

• Nice!

just find out who owns the publishing rights to the song and you're all set.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Nice!

I think East Memphis Music is still a very active company.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Ha! Best meeting ever! I am finally able to combine my professional life with my musical life.

My company, most specifically my group, will be at the 3GSM conference in Barcelona next month. For the past year or so we've been pushing our mobile Linux platform with various penguin related graphics. Penguin on a Segway, penguin on a Vespa, etc. Well, for this conference the theme is Funky Penguin. I threw out the idea almost as a joke, but everyone loves it! I will be DJing funk records including the Rufus Thomas classic for 3 hours at our booth and we will be serving cocktails called Funky Penguins. How awesome is that?!

Now I just have to figure out how to get the rights to use the Rufus Thomas track for a CD single giveaway

Congrats man, that's pretty awesome. Even if people don't get the particular reference I'm sure they'll dig the Funky Penguin busniness.

• Nice!

I think East Memphis Music is still a very active company.

yeah, East Memphis still controls rights for "do the funky penguin" on behalf of Irving Music...

here's their contact info:

Phone: (310) 235-4800
    Fax: (310) 235-4801
    EAST MEMPHIS SP ACCT
    C/O IRVING MUSIC INC
    2440 SEPULVEDA BLVD SUITE 119
    LOS ANGELES, CA 90064

good luck.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Sweet thanks!