The Entertain Me Post Oral Surgery Thread!

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
i had my right side wisdom teeth pulled this morning. i am off of work. sitting in front of the computer. i got about 15 Vicodin which are already spoken for so dont even ask. ummmmm yea. thats about it. make me less bored. bleeding in the mouth sucks and this gauze doesnt soak it up like it should.

Comments

• i had my right side wisdom teeth pulled this morning. i am off of work. sitting in front of the computer. i got about 15 Vicodin which are already spoken for so dont even ask. ummmmm yea. thats about it. make me less bored. bleeding in the mouth sucks and this gauze doesnt soak it up like it should.

Try biting down on a tea bag. It will help stop the bleeding.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i had my right side wisdom teeth pulled this morning. i am off of work. sitting in front of the computer. i got about 15 Vicodin which are already spoken for so dont even ask. ummmmm yea. thats about it. make me less bored. bleeding in the mouth sucks and this gauze doesnt soak it up like it should.

Try biting down on a tea bag. It will help stop the bleeding.

i was instructed to bite down on the gauze and to be honest i dont think i have a teabag. its only been 3 hours so

but thanks for the advice

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    ewww vicodin. That shit made me feel even worse when I got mine pulled.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I had that taken care of when I was 17 or 18. I remember getting home and vomiting up blood. Not a pretty site. I remember I didn't even need Tylenol when I got mine pulled. Now they give you Vicodin? Damn.

I had that taken care of when I was 17 or 18. I remember getting home and vomiting up blood. Not a pretty site. I remember I didn't even need Tylenol when I got mine pulled. Now they give you Vicodin? Damn.

you vomited up blood?

were your teeth in your stomach?

you probably had a crazy extraction? impacted under the gumline?

cuz mine were already out. novocaine and 5 minutes is all i needed. and they wanted to give me ibuprofen but i got needs at other points in the day haha

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I guess I was swallowing blood and it made me sick. I only got them pulled because my dentist told me I needed to get them pulled. Not sure of the specifics of everything.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    what do you want? youtube clips? stupid online games? funny pics? stories?

• Did your cheeks get all swollen?
    I had all 4 out at once when I was 19. Right around new years eve / my birthday, so I was walking around this new years eve party with my cheeks all swollen like some rodent, all doped up on vicodin. That was a good party.
    This girl I was crushing on felt bad for me, and kept pouring me shots of rum... so of course I passed out on the couch and drooled all over her sweater. Play on, playa!

• This girl I was crushing on felt bad for me, and kept pouring me shots of rum... so of course I passed out on the couch and drooled all over her sweater. Play on, playa!

A couple of years ago a really good friend of mine was really fucked up at this NYE party to the point where I just decided to leave him alone to sort it out. This one girl kept trying to help him like he was an injured bird or some shit. They had never met before she was just some random chick, but she was trying to nurse him back to health or something. It got to the point where she was just annoying him and he said, "Look bitch if you don't leave me alone I will either puke or piss on you." Two hours later she took him back to her place.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    that sucks, i just had two wisdom teeth pulled, and the dentist did a number on my jaw socket too, couldn't eat or chew properly for like a week. the vicodin didn't do anything so i got percoset, but ended up taking motrin which was a godsend.

entertainment? check the bollywood archive at Turbanhead.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I never knew about the effects of narcotics until I had mine pulled. Evenn funnier was my experience while I was having them pulled. I had these two yahoo dentists that started cracking the corniest jokes right after they turned on the nitrous. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Then they went to town while I am awake and still breathing the NO2 and I go into a mental hallucination that made me really believe that taking out one's wisdom teeth was a government conspiracy theory. My thoughts were these: we gain increasing amounts of critical thinking skills if we have our wisdom teeth intact because the kinetic energy gathered from chewing made us smarter. Wow,, right? I'm on nitrous, remember? At any rate, once I firmly believe that these dentists were goverment agents, I grabbed them by the scruffs of their necks while they were in mid procedure. I have blood coming out my mouth, and guaze and the whole nine, mind you. I can remember the dentists looking at each other and then one of them saying, "Nat, you want us to turn the nitrous down?"

I snapped back and nodded a feeble yes after I unclenched their necks.

The vicodin made me want to be my cat.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i had mine out a few years ago. shit sucked! i needed all four pulled and the bottom two were impacted. they had to knock me out 'cause the bottom two needed to be cracked from my jaw bone. i was in tremendous pain for about a week...to the point were i wanted to die. my jaw was fucked up- swolen and bloody. my cheeks were puffy and bruised. they gave me a scrip for percocet and i blew through them in 3 days. i asked the dentist for more and he wasn't having it. tylenol wasn't cutting it so i switched to advil...which helped in the end. still in the long run i'm glad they are out. before i had them pulled they were giving me shitty ass headaches.
    GOODLUCK MAN!

i had mine out a few years ago. shit sucked! i needed all four pulled and the bottom two were impacted. they had to knock me out 'cause the bottom two needed to be cracked from my jaw bone. i was in tremendous pain for about a week...to the point were i wanted to die. my jaw was fucked up- swolen and bloody. my cheeks were puffy and bruised. they gave me a scrip for percocet and i blew through them in 3 days. i asked the dentist for more and he wasn't having it. tylenol wasn't cutting it so i switched to advil...which helped in the end. still in the long run i'm glad they are out. before i had them pulled they were giving me shitty ass headaches.
    GOODLUCK MAN!

im chilling. mine were already fully out in my mouth. it took 5 mins for them to do with only novocaine. the worst part about it to me is the not being able to eat thing. i love my food.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    the worst part about it to me is the not being able to eat thing. i love my food.
    i agree...liquified food gets old FAST!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yeah that shit is horrible. I had all four removed when i was like 14. They sedated me thru IV because the procedure i needed was pretty grizzly. I woke up in mid operation and saw blood just gushing out of my mouth and them with tools up in there. Then went back out like a light. I think its better though to goto an oral surgeon then a regular dentist. I always seemed that others that had them done by there family dentist got butchered. Like infections and all kinds of post op problems. The vics suck afterwards because vicodin was not made for pain. Its made for recreational use and bonghits. When i was taking them i was puking my guts out because i couldn't eat. My mouth swelled up to enormous proportions and i looked like a chipmunk with down syndrome. Couldn't eat anything but pudding for a week.

I actually have to goto the dentist soon because i had a root canal about 4 years ago and the tooth should have got a crown afterwards. Now its all falling apart because there is nothing inside it anymore to keep it alive, and i cant eat on the left side of my mouth. And it fucks withs my sinuses and my ears now. When i dj out i feel like im going to die when i get home because of the pain in my face. I just realllllllyy dont like dental work at all.

ibuprofen though works ten times better for this kind of shit imo. I would save the vics for a rainy day and just roll with desiel loads of ibuprofen. It reduces swelling and soarness i think.