C2C DMC Video

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/dmc/video/xgfr8_c2c-dmc-world-championsnow I've been kinda dead on the battle shir for years now, but this routine really makes me want to get back into it. GODDAMN!

Comments

• I dunno man, I can see a shitload of Koala and Dibbs in this routine (like, the whole second half especially). I think the Germans are where it is at right now. You should go peep the homie Rafik.

• ps: sup mayne!

• haha, that was dope! most dmc videos are boring as hell.

• Rafik.

SHIT YEAH. dude is ridiculous.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Rafik.

Yeah, L***s is that dude. That was last year in prague with MC Emdee from the Regime (CZ) hosting that event.

But with all due respect, I still prefer stuff like this with more original records that are not preproduced to finish your opponent in the first place with a sonic massaker. On the other hand, if I could scratch like Rafik, I would do the same thing. Shit yeah! One of the dopest!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

WHOA a DMC routine that I can actually listen to! They're pretty cheesy to watch though.

I still prefer stuff like this with more original records that are not preproduced to finish your opponent in the first place with a sonic massaker.

Those new battle records sound like pure

I used to love it when dudes would flip recognizable tunes!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Rafik.

Seee... this is the kind of shit that made me loose interest in routines. i mean, don't get me wrong, dude is nice wid it, but it's just kinda masterbatory.

HI R#B!! I hear what your saying w/ the dibbs influence. infact, i think i even hear one of the same samples, but you can't deny that shit was fuggin bonkers.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    it's just kinda VERY masterbatory.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    word. I heard a set they did on the Essential Mix (followed by I-Emerge) thats pretty dope too.

sounds like MUSIC.

• seeing C2C in that clip gave me very much the same feeling and impression when I first saw Koala and P-luv doing "live on 5" renditions of koala's earlier stuff.........and also of course we'd think of dibbs with the bad to the bone ish---------but I gotta say:

"those guys took it to the "

that's the best live choreographed dj set I've ever seen.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    it's just kinda VERY masterbatory.

Yeah the wierdlysexualfacepullingmasterbatory ellement of scratching is def a real turn off.

But I liked that C2C clip. Although it did, at times, sound/look like a dat was doing most of the work.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Musically it's good but it does bug me that all this stuff is super pre-produced. They basically make a beat then bounce down protools tracks and press them up so each record has a solo-ed track on it. The shit that was cool about Kid Koala was that he used all found stuff he was pitching live and eqing and scratching and mixing together. It seems like C2C could stand to have some spontanaity in there. It's like watching a boy band run through a choreographed set.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I like how they've cleaned up that routine.

Speaking of Kid Koala. I've always love me some Drunken Trumpet.

• what up delay,
    i've seen these guys, they remind me of Birdy Nam Nam. they've been around for awhile so i think they may have some influence.
    check it:

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Nice one.

Urrrrs you say what I think but don't say cause y'all will think I'm a hater.

• Musically it's good but it does bug me that all this stuff is super pre-produced. They basically make a beat then bounce down protools tracks and press them up so each record has a solo-ed track on it. The shit that was cool about Kid Koala was that he used all found stuff he was pitching live and eqing and scratching and mixing together. It seems like C2C could stand to have some spontanaity in there. It's like watching a boy band run through a choreographed set.

BATTLE THREAD!!!

yeah, I gotta co-sign on everything that's been said. C2C's lil routine is dope, but the whole time I was wondering where the hell they got that drum record, and when it flipped up to the blues part I was like "aha". I did like how they ran down the line and each took a little solo on the harmonica and guitar towards the end though. And while I'm not a fan of pre-produced records, Q and Mike really introduced that shit in 94 when they used the first Bionic Booger Breaks.

Definitely Kid Koala and Dibbs influenced. And I know one of the dudes from Birdy Nam Nam is the same guy that was in those French teams that battled Q-bert and Mike back in 1993/94. The chubby blond cat.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    that shitwas nice... well exectuted, but like was noted above it reminds me of Dibbs... if Cincinnati heads are in the thread C2C is like a very polished Animal Crackers routine.

cosign on the whole pre-produced doo-doo ness of the routine, even though it sounds nice.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

this is where its at. fuck superfast-chirp-juggle-scratch with my dogs dig-mofos.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Man, this took me back. Sometime around 98, I was in Montreal for a conference and went up to this bar where Koala and Bullfrog were spinning. There was barely anyone there and those who were mostly came to get their drink on, not watching the band do their thing. But Koala was dropping all these ill little routines, like they were nothing, including a variation on the "Drunken Trumpet". That's before the bar fight broke out but that's another story.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I remember a dude called DJ David I think...