Mythical National Championship

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Who you got tonight?I dislike either team, but being an "SEC guy", I'll root for those Gators.I actually think they'll win though. tOSU got no defense.

Comments

• tOSU got no defense.

Yeah right, man.

OSU wins big tonight.

• I thought this was about Yuichi's "Best Basketball Team In North America" or, alternately, Faux_Rillz's "Most Relevant Basketball Team".

• tOSU got no defense.

Yeah right, man.

OSU wins big tonight.

My bad, I thought I saw the Michigan team that scratched and clawed their way to 18 points in the Rose Bowl put up 38 on that team.

SEC BATCHES!!!!!!

LOOK OUT FOR TEBOW.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I thought this was about Yuichi's "Best Basketball Team In North America" or, alternately, Faux_Rillz's "Most Relevant Basketball Team".

Me too--I thought our man had finally gotten with the program.

College sports = highly irrelevant

• I thought this was about Yuichi's "Best Basketball Team In North America" or, alternately, Faux_Rillz's "Most Relevant Basketball Team".

My sports knowledge has been evolving and growing by leaps and bounds over the last few days. Thanks SoulStrut!

Once you free yourself from the concepts of Ws and Ls...it's very liberating.

WHICH TEAM'S JERSEYS ARE GONNA MATCH UP W/ THEIR KIX THE FLYEST?

WHAT PLAYER HAS THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE CHANCE OF BUSTING OUT A CELEBRATORY BACKSPIN?

I WANT 2 B DOWN.

My sports knowledge has been evolving and growing by leaps and bounds over the last few days. Thanks SoulStrut!

Once you free yourself from the concepts of Ws and Ls...it's very liberating.

Exactly. It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play in The Streets.

• Florida teams are kind of inherently "hiphop"....yo.

• tOSU got no defense.

Yeah right, man.

OSU wins big tonight.

My bad, I thought I saw the Michigan team that scratched and clawed their way to 18 points in the Rose Bowl put up 38 on that team.

SEC BATCHES!!!!!!

LOOK OUT FOR TEBOW.

Unlike Lloyd Carr, Tressel ALWAYS shows up for the big game. Always. Bucks win by at least ten points tonight. Go Big Ten.

• tOSU got no defense.

Yeah right, man.

OSU wins big tonight.

SEC BATCHES!!!!!!

LOOK OUT FOR TEBOW.

Unlike Lloyd Carr, Tressel ALWAYS shows up for the big game. Always. Bucks win by at least ten points tonight. Go Big Ten.

That's what I'm talkin about. Get HYPE. Agree on Tressel. 3-0 in the Fiesta, too, I believe. Urban Meyer would be the only current SEC coach that I'd give a chance against Tressel.

• tOSU got no defense.

Yeah right, man.

OSU wins big tonight.

SEC BATCHES!!!!!!

LOOK OUT FOR TEBOW.

That's what I'm talkin about. Get HYPE. Agree on Tressel. 3-0 in the Fiesta, too, I believe. Urban Meyer would be the only current SEC coach that I'd give a chance against Tressel.

Urban Meyer is whats really.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    one things certain in my mind (from a sports betting standpoint) the OVER is hitting hard. 48? fuck outta here, this game will be 50+ EZ

ill come back to say how dumb i am when it 10-7.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I thought this was about Yuichi's "Best Basketball Team In North America" or, alternately, Faux_Rillz's "Most Relevant Basketball Team".

If I went to a Division III school without a football team, I'd probably feel this way, too.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

I dislike either team, but being an "SEC guy", I'll root for those Gators.

I'll root for SEC teams in general (when the ACC isn't playing), but not Florida (I'm from Georgia).

OSU is gonna run away with this one like half of their players are convicted felons and the pigskin is a police car.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Florida will win based on their superior hip-hopness!!!

Even if Ohio State scores more points, Gators still win!!!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I wanna see Florida just let Tebow come in and run it on every play. That'd be amusing.

• I do have to give it up to one of my favorite players in NCAAFB....Jim Laurinitis. Kid is a monster on the field AND his pops was in the fucking Road Warriors. The Road Warriors!

• Nice answer by the Gators. Is it legal to grab a dood by the dreads to block him? I know it is to tackle...seriously, that's how GInn got loose.

• LASWELLIAN!

Don't even come out for the second half, OSU.

• SEC BATCHES!!!!!!

LOOK OUT FOR TEBOW.

• for the record, i would have rooted for osu had i actually given a shit. but, i missed the first half watching antiques roadshow with the wife- no ayo.

anyway, who cares about college football? 50 days between games?? Playing this horseshit game after the start of the NFL playoffs? The douches who started the the BCS for a major conference monopolizing money grab should be trampled under a marching band wearing golf cleats. Greedy, foolish bureaucrats ruining a game and a tradition (bowl day on New Year's day) that I used to LOVE.

Now? In all seriousness, I'd rather watch Antiques Roadshow. Fuck this game; i'll read a headline about it tomorrow, finish my coffee, and will have forgotten about it by the time I take a leak.

• YO B THIS GAME IS WAZACK!!!! THAT'S GATOR TALK.... NAH MAN I JUST DON'T THINK IT'S A FAIR GAME, IT TOOK WAY TO LONG AND ONE TEAM HAS LOST THE FIRE, WHICH WOULD HAVE MADE A BIG DIFRENCE, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR WHEN USC SHOULD HAVE SPANKED vINCE yOUNG, YALL!! AHAHAHAH!!! BCS REALLY NEEDS PLAYOFFS THIS IS TO MUCH BS... NAH VINCE YOUNG IS REAL! JUST LIKE ROMO!

• Agreed--the underdog has all of the advantage with this long, long wait.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I was waiting for Gob to ride out on his Segway during the Habitat for Humanity halftime piece and say "we can build it in a week!"

If you didn't watch during halftime and/or don't watch Arrested Development, that will make no sense.

That is all... this game sucks.

• Big Ten needs to have a Championship game.

Y'all really think tOSU having an extra twelve days off really mattered?

I don't. They still woulda been a step slow to deal w/ Florida's offense.

Tedd Ginn going out killed that game. tOSU's offense was crippled without him.

I agree NFL is way better than college overall.....but college delivers some amazing games. Louisville v. Rutgers. Boise vs. Oklahoma. Texas Tech coming back from 31 down. It's a fun spectacle. They need a playoff.

• for the record, i would have rooted for osu had i actually given a shit. but, i missed the first half watching antiques roadshow with the wife- no ayo.

anyway, who cares about college football? 50 days between games?? Playing this horseshit game after the start of the NFL playoffs? The douches who started the the BCS for a major conference monopolizing money grab should be trampled under a marching band wearing golf cleats. Greedy, foolish bureaucrats ruining a game and a tradition (bowl day on New Year's day) that I used to LOVE.

Now? In all seriousness, I'd rather watch Antiques Roadshow. Fuck this game; i'll read a headline about it tomorrow, finish my coffee, and will have forgotten about it by the time I take a leak.

G, I'm slightly disappointed. Football is football and now there's only seven games left that mean anything.

G, I'm slightly disappointed. Football is football and now there's only seven games left that mean anything.

Dog, when I was a kid, College Football meant the world to me; more than any sport save College BBall. Growing up in Ohio, on the Indiana border, we had ND, OSU, Michigan, Penn State (my mom's team...). It was the nuts.

But, with the institution off the BCS, plus my move to Boston and its basic contempt for all things college (this is a pro town all the way) my interest in College Football suffered. Plus, my interest in the pro game exploded, for obvious reasons.

That doesn't change one thing from my initial post: my contempt for the BCS system realllllllllly killed my interest in College Football. Just the the way that it tilts towards major conferences and rewards them smacks of a legal conspiracy for money, and i just figured i'd stop paying their way with my interest and ratings.

• I was wondering how much a factor living in the NE played. Just not a lot of big-time programs in that area.

Down here, HS, College, Pros....football is just king in general.

It's all about money man, at any level. The product is still fantastic despite the politics.

• I was wondering how much a factor living in the NE played. Just not a lot of big-time programs in that area.

Down here, HS, College, Pros....football is just king in general.

It's all about money man, at any level. The product is still fantastic despite the politics.

Dude, the northeast is DEAD for college sports; it still drives me nuts come tournament time. That is one sporting event I'll never leave behind; hell, my resume will never lose the line at the bottom that I can name all NCAA champions from 1960 - present...

I understand its all about money, and the tournament is as big a cash cow as there is in college sports. But, the domination of the major conferences, especially those trotting out a mediocre football product, just drove me away. I mean, who is your governing body? the NCAA? or, six conference heads in league with the major networks? No thanks- i'm out. Call me when Jim Nance and Billy Packer are ready to dissect the Number 1 seeds.

• I agree NFL is way better than college overall.....but college delivers some amazing games. Louisville v. Rutgers. Boise vs. Oklahoma. Texas Tech coming back from 31 down. It's a fun spectacle. They need a playoff.

I think college football is by far the best shit out there. Here's my top 5 list:

1. College Football
    2. NFL
    3. College hoops
    4. MLB
    5. World Cup Soccer
    87. Junior High Tetherball
    88. NBA

Nice win UF.