Miles Davis OFFICIAL site: WTF?

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Just been checking MilesDavis.com for info about a set I have been looking for. Anyway, decided to see what the "Bio" section had - but it's like it was written by some fucking thirteen year old. This is the OFFICIAL site too... Check this..."In the early 1970s, Miles kept experimenting with the electric instruments and fusing more funk into his music. In 1976, a combination of bad health, cocaine use, and lack of inspiration caused Miles to go into a 5-year retirement. He conquered his cocaine habit, received new inspiration and returned in 1981 and made a series of records that I haven't heard[/b]."Plus they mis-spell Philly JoE and John McLaughlin. Come on, it's not hard with the fucking internet at your disposal to actually bother to spell the names right. and The piece isn't even signed so there is no indication of who wrote this shit. I mean, it's factually correct but brutally concise. The lack of attention shown is a fucking AFFRONT to the viewer - the man deserves better.

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    miles' son just dropped a "tell all " book that supposedly unearths some fucked
    skeletons in that family's past
    btw his son is in his 60s and is a psychologist

• miles' son just dropped a "tell all " book that supposedly unearths some fucked

what's this book called? ...sounds interesting.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    miles' son just dropped a "tell all " book that supposedly unearths some fucked

what's this book called? ...sounds interesting.

Dark Magus is a warts-and-all look at the real Miles Davis. As told by his son, this book strips away the public perception of Davis???often based on books written without such intimate access to the man???and gets down to the realities of his personality, his relationships, and his many quirks. Dark Magus details this enigmatic superstar's Jekyll-and-Hyde behavior: his swings between sobriety and prodigious drug use; his tender family moments and his destructive selfishness; his search for marital stability and his obsession with young women; his exalted musical talent and his ever-present personal demons. The author also delves into Davis's relationships with artists such as Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, and John Coltrane, his role as a mentor to young musicians, his obsession with sports, the ups and downs of his career and its affect on his family, and the family's turmoil over his final will.

"This book is a brilliant and engaging revelation of Miles's character through the recollections of his oldest son. It's a book about a legendary musician who was one of my closest friends and a book that's second to none."
    ???Clark Terry

"Dark Magus is an inherently fascinating tale told from a previously unavailable perspective. Gregory Davis, as Miles Davis's son and former housemate, has experiences to relate that no biographer or journalist has shared with the trumpeter's fans."

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    how is that any different from dude's autobiography?

• I never listened to those recordings either.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    how is that any different from dude's autobiography?

The difference is this book is a motherfucker. No wait..