Tangerines

RonanRonan 86 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Anybody explain the significance of tangerines to me? I'm relatively new to collecting psych and tangerines pop up everywhere

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Only music-related Tangerine that comes to mind is that label that Ray Charles owned and recorded for, in the sixties and seventies. ALL HAIL PERCY MAYFIELD!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Anybody explain the significance of tangerines to me? I'm relatively new to collecting psych and tangerines pop up everywhere

Nothing rhymes with Orange

• RonanRonan 86 Posts

Nothing rhymes with Orange
    good point. i actaually thought about it for a minute too, you're right.

someone must know something about this...TANGERINE DREAM anyone????

dont let this turn into a 'words that rhyme with orange' post.

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    arrange

& you can rhyme tangerine with tambourine, much more psych friendly...

seriously tho, maybe it's something connected to the widely held beleif that fruit with plenty of vitamin C like oranges & tambourines help you come down quick off LSD when you're having a bad time.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    arrange

& you can rhyme tangerine with tambourine, much more psych friendly...

seriously tho, maybe it's something connected to the widely held beleif that fruit with plenty of vitamin C like oranges & tambourines help you come down quick off LSD when you're having a bad time.

However they will make you trip balls if you're shrooming.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm partial to tangelos myself.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    ahhhh clemintines. got a 5 dollar box from the grocery store just the other day.

• RonanRonan 86 Posts

?
    they just bring you down.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

?
    I've heard the opposite, that if you take a lot of Vitamin C while shrooming it'll make everything way more intense. I'm definately no expert on the subject though.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    ahhhh clemintines. got a 5 dollar box .
    where was that .????

5 dollar

and ah
    tangerine dreams

• RonanRonan 86 Posts

and ah
    tangerine dreams
    Fly and Collision of Comas Sola

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

?
    I've heard the opposite, that if you take a lot of Vitamin C while shrooming it'll make everything way more intense. I'm definately no expert on the subject though.
    Neither are true. Iw as frtunate enough to take an undegrad course called psychobiological aspects of drugs (no lie) and the teacher dispelled all kinds of myths about drugs. Vitamin C has no documentable affects on mushrooms or acid; it's a power of suggestion thing.

Whole Foods by me has $5 boxes of tangerines. Winter is the season for citrus.

Tangerine dream is pretty whatever. You won't miss out on anything extraordinary by not buying their records, but some of it is decent enough to listen to and/or sample.