black snake moan (ricci-related)

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
So what do people think about this flick? Could be really good, from the director of "hustle & flow." Plus it has christina ricci playing a southern trampy type....

Comments

• though I haven't seen hustle & flow (I figure I should go to Memphis before seeing the movie), I'm down to see Ricci get her swirl on.

have you even unpacked yet????

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Ricci can't act her way out of a paper bag. She's ruined almost every film she's been in. I think directors cast her just cause they want to blap her.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    ...I had forgotten about this flick. One of those previews in the theater that makes you sit up and go

I fully expect Samuel L. to be in this role.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• Ricci can't act her way out of a paper bag. She's ruined almost every film she's been in. I think directors cast her just cause they want to blap her.

true. Also it seems girl has gotten skinny, she used to have that flava...you know?
    Craig Brewer, the director, is a chump, shingaling saw dude at Tower pick up a Hustle and Flow DVD and look at it like he had never seen it before and move it to the front of the display......stay away from his first movie, The Poor and Hungry...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    it seems girl has gotten skinny, she used to have that flava

• though I haven't seen hustle & flow (I figure I should go to Memphis before seeing the movie), I'm down to see Ricci get her swirl on.

have you even unpacked yet????

Georges likes skinny white southern girls with black hair??? I am shocked and appalled.

We're literally in the middle of unpacking. I'm taking a quick break.... I caught a flu bug from a texas rest stop bathroom (at least that's the story I'm running with) and am running on like 25% energy.

PS here is the trailer. It wasn't easy to find... found a lot of dead links...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1665488950589774212

• chasechase 767 Posts
    Sam needs a new agent

• Georges likes skinny white southern girls with black hair??? I am shocked and appalled.

I switched my style up!!! I'm now solely stepping to mountain chicks with prep-school and New Ivy pedigree!

Texas bathroom buggery??? please cop a new story.

• Ricci lost her mojo when she got that breast reduction surgery. Now she's just a petite white girl with average looks, average body and a bigass forehead. Bitch can't act either. Shoulda never, ever messed with that exquisite rack.

• That's my friend Clare up top and the girl to the right of Ricci is real bitch. She plays some of the music on the soundtrack and let me tell you...BLUES HAMMER.
    Samuel L. also sings and plays guitar on the OST. Ricci does some back-up vocals.
    I seriously hope this movie is better than Hustle and Flow. The director had me DJ his Halloween party a couple of months ago. He got the strippers from the club sceen in H'n'F to dance behind me all night!

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    just to check, i am the only person on soulstrut that liked hustle and flow. yes/no?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

1. I suppose this means that Polly Jean Harvey Blind Lemon Jefferson is getting royalties?

2. And does that girls/truck shot look extra Hollywooded-up? Like it's the goddamn hick O.C.? Unbearable bullshit.

3. [soulstrutbait]What's up with the obvious black-man-and-chains-motif?[/soulstrutbait]

• just to check, i am the only person on soulstrut that liked hustle and flow. yes/no?

No, I liked it too. It was pretty good...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Ricci can't act her way out of a paper bag. She's ruined almost every film she's been in. I think directors cast her just cause they want to blap her.

I'd cast!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i like ricci and i like girls that were not skinny... and that are not skinny. azzy to the f*k you!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks this movie "could be good" but in the back of my mind thinks this will end up as ???

Hope it's good...???

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Ricci lost her mojo when she got that breast reduction surgery. Now she's just a petite white girl with average looks, average body and a bigass forehead. Bitch can't act either. Shoulda never, ever messed with that exquisite rack.

Damn she did that on purpose! I figured she just lost weight and the boobs went with it.
    Check these pics out, you can kinda see the scars if you look really hard.
    And FYI don't open this at work....

http://yeeeah.com/blog/2006/09/27/christina-ricci-desecrates-her-body/

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    What a shame. Yup, those are reduction scars.

• Never thought I'd see the day when people don't appreciate some ricci.

B/W

Shingaling's killing it!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Ricci lost her mojo when she got that breast reduction surgery. Now she's just a petite white girl with average looks, average body and a bigass forehead. Bitch can't act either. Shoulda never, ever messed with that exquisite rack.

Damn she did that on purpose! I figured she just lost weight and the boobs went with it.
    Check these pics out, you can kinda see the scars if you look really hard.
    And FYI don't open this at work....

http://yeeeah.com/blog/2006/09/27/christina-ricci-desecrates-her-body/

That bloggers an idiot. He says sparrow tattoo, when clearly it is a swallow.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks that Samuel L Jackson should stay away from movies with the word Snake in the title?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    saw a special pre-release screening, thought it was the biggest bomb this side of Hiroshima. and is it just me, or are all the actors doing a poor job of faking a Southern accent (even those FROM the south, like justin timberlake)?[/b]

it seems girl has gotten skinny, she used to have that flava

she was even chunkier than this (in a good way) in Buffalo 66 (I THINK that was the flick she was in w/Vincent Gallo)[/b]

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

That's my friend Clare up top and the girl to the right of Ricci is real bitch. She plays some of the music on the soundtrack and let me tell you...BLUES HAMMER.

I think I know who you're talking about (re: the gal whose music sounds like Blues Hammer).

When movies are over, I usually stick around to check the credits for people who sound familiar, and I remembered that girl on the right's name because I received a promo copy of her album two years ago (does she have others?). The right names were involved, and she appeared to be into some cool stuff, so I was expecting another Lorette Velvette (America's answer to Holly Golightly). Turned out what I got was Bonnie Raitt, Jr...I sold my copy long ago.

Samuel L. also sings and plays guitar on the OST.

He's not bad, even though with his gratuitous cussing he sounds like a parody[/b] of T-Model Ford or R.L. Burnside or any of those other foul-mouthed blues guys who used to record for Fat Possum in the '90s.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Never thought I'd see the day when people don't appreciate some ricci.

She peaked as Wednesday Addams, IMO. She was super funny in those. She made what little I liked about "Pecker" almost unbearable. People really think she is a good actress? I guess I can understand that, but I never found her remotely attractive.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

That bloggers an idiot. He says sparrow tattoo, when clearly it is a swallow.
    Yeah, but is it an African or European swallow?