I thought this was gonna be about the Mor Thiam record that's up right now

I think it went for $1200. I've heard it and it's no Marvin Whoremonger

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    this is the highlight for me:

" Genre: rare "

• I thought this was gonna be about the Mor Thiam record that's up right now

I think it went for $1200. I've heard it and it's no Marvin Whoremonger

Hahah but apparently you thought it a "$675.99 record"

I dig it. Hell I'd rather have it than marvin whoremonger. But that kind of money is silly. Almost no jazz/funk album maintains that kind of $ long-term. I mean really. Name some consistently $1000+ jazz-funk LPs. You know?

• you can't really name a consistently $1000 jazz or funk LP because no LP in that realm has been going for that kind of money for long enough.

I'll bet that record doesn't get less expensive, though.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    you can't really name a consistently $1000 jazz or funk LP because no LP in that realm has been going for that kind of money for long enough.

I'll bet that record doesn't get less expensive, though.

It's a good LP for sure, but I wouldn't put in the in "bangin" category.

"Smack that"

"aaaaeeeeaaaaaeeeooooo"

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    ha

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

Gerry Rafferty is

• you can't really name a consistently $1000 jazz or funk LP because no LP in that realm has been going for that kind of money for long enough.

That's just what I'm saying....?

Even vibes from the tribe or liberated brother or almost anything has come way down in price over the last few years. Plus the genre has never ever gotten as much money as funk or soul 45s, or historically collectible LPs like blue notes.

"Island funk" is tomorrow's "acid jazz."

• yeah but Blue Notes also didn't go for quite as much years ago - although they've been big-time for longer.

What I'm saying is that VERY few albums were worth that kind of money 15, 20 years ago... but just because they are now doesn't make them a fad. I think records like this will continue to be sought-after. I don't think Fabio Jujus is going to become a $250 record over the next 5 years, do you?

• yeah but Blue Notes also didn't go for quite as much years ago - although they've been big-time for longer.

What I'm saying is that VERY few albums were worth that kind of money 15, 20 years ago... but just because they are now doesn't make them a fad. I think records like this will continue to be sought-after. I don't think Fabio Jujus is going to become a $250 record over the next 5 years, do you?

Dude, you know what the "hype window" is.

Patience = better copies for better prices

Dude, you know what the "hype window" is.

Patience = better copies for better prices

Oh yeah, definitely.

To be clear, the price is psychotic. On that, I agree.

I also think that this can't entirely be explained as hype though... there are certain records that, as long as people collect this stuff, will get psychotic money.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    there are certain records that, as long as people collect this stuff, will get psychotic money.

UNDEAD HESHER RAMBO