HIT FROM THE TASER

Comments

• FUCK
    THIS
    SHIT

i had to turn this off like a quarter way through, could not stomach that poor woman's screams. yeah it might be rude to talk on your phone while a cop's trying to talk to you, but explain to me how that warrants the use of a TASER??????

• Goddamn that makes me sick

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    FUCK
    THIS
    SHIT

i had to turn this off like a quarter way through, could not stomach that poor woman's screams. yeah it might be rude to talk on your phone while a cop's trying to talk to you, but explain to me how that warrants the use of a TASER??????

Well, she would not get out of the car. If it is indeed an unlawful stop, just comply with the stop, and then handle it throught the necessary channels. Callin someone and refusing to get out of the car does nothing but get your ass tased.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Wow, that is really sad. But then again, it's not a surprise to me at all. I hope all this shit though, bills up and spills the fuck over. Something's gotta give.

• FUCK
    THIS
    SHIT

Well, she would not get out of the car. If it is indeed an unlawful stop, just comply with the stop, and then handle it throught the necessary channels. Callin someone and refusing to get out of the car does nothing but get your ass tased.

Dude it was a lady on a cell phone. Why did he even need her to get out of the car in the first place? All he had to do was get her info and write her a ticket. How is this "protecting and serving?" Show a cop the slighest bit of disrespect and get 5,000 volts? Fuck that.

If you want an image of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, - for ever.[/b]

• Hang up the phone, get the fuck out of the car. Cop's supposed to stand there all day arguing with someone while maybe they're digging next to the seat for a gun? The video is there for the protection of the apprehended as well as the apprehender. If there's a problem take care of it later.

FUCK
    THIS
    SHIT

Dude it was a lady on a cell phone. Why did he even need her to get out of the car in the first place? All he had to do was get her info and write her a ticket. How is this "protecting and serving?" Show a cop the slighest bit of disrespect and get 5,000 volts? Fuck that.

If you want an image of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, - for ever.[/b]

Im not condoning it.

What I am saying is that:

#1. You are at a traffic stop, get off the phone, give respect and you will get respect (that does work, not all the time, but if you are clearly respectful on the tape,it will help you in court).

#2. She was asked to get out of the car because her license was suspended, pretty common practice.

#3. Everytime the officer said or did anything she was abrasive and would not comply with the orders. She was even told that if she did not comply she would get tased. He said it 4 times. She did not comply. Well then, she got tased.

• FUCK
    THIS
    SHIT

Im not condoning it.

What I am saying is that:

#1. You are at a traffic stop, get off the phone, give respect and you will get respect (that does work, not all the time, but if you are clearly respectful on the tape,it will help you in court).

#2. She was asked to get out of the car because her license was suspended, pretty common practice.

#3. Everytime the officer said or did anything she was abrasive and would not comply with the orders. She was even told that if she did not comply she would get tased. He said it 4 times. She did not comply. Well then, she got tased. [/b]

BINGO![/b]

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Hang up the phone, get the fuck out of the car. Cop's supposed to stand there all day arguing with someone while maybe they're digging next to the seat for a gun? The video is there for the protection of the apprehended as well as the apprehender. If there's a problem take care of it later.

I hate to say it but I'm short on sympathy. Typical smart ass person. Just do what the guy says; he's a cop, not the paperboy.

"Y'all are racist!"

I'd be like I'm bitch-ist.

Plus it sounds as good as any of his other options (that they list):

Using his baton

physically forcing her out the car

using pepper spray

or Getting into the car to handcuff her (fuck that)

On top of that her license was suspended. What if it was something else? What if she was on the run for murder or some shit? Cops get dragged by cars, shot, etc. on traffic stops. I don't blame him at all. Give the guy some respect, he wasn't being disrespectful or anything.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Police can also be dickwads. How many times have police escalated situations with their own stupidity?

• Police can also be dickwads. How many times have police escalated situations with their own stupidity?

Yet strangely that doesn't appear to be the case here...

Why did he even need her to get out of the car in the first place? All he had to do was get her info and write her a ticket. How is this "protecting and serving?"

She was driving on a suspended license, she was going to jail, homes,

Police can also be dickwads. How many times have police escalated situations with their own stupidity?

"It's over and done with," McNevin says. "We've been Tased before. We know it's not that bad."
    WHAT???

It's strange that we decided the electric chair was cruel and unusual but it's ok to charge someone full of electricity in the streets. Just set the voltage lower, it's ok.

"It's over and done with," McNevin says. "We've been Tased before. We know it's not that bad."
    WHAT???

It's strange that we decided the electric chair was cruel and unusual but it's ok to charge someone full of electricity in the streets.

Being tased isnt that bad. It SUCKS FOR SURE! but it isnt what she made it out to be.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    hey i agree with the whole "do what your told" mentallity when dealing with cops in the states.

they are trained to always approach the situation as if the suspect is ARMED & DANGEROUS

hence tasers are pulled before the girl is even out of the car. I understand that the job is dangerous but what happened to innocent until proven guilty??

i also don't think using violence to expedite IE speed up the situation is warranted under any circumstances.

it's these guys job to SERVE AND PROTECT and if they have to show a lil patience in dealing with ONE person isnt that their job????

all conflicts must be resolved within 30 seconds??? WTF

Shoot first ask questions later??

it's these guys job to SERVE AND PROTECT and if they have to show a lil patience in dealing with ONE person isnt that their job????

She had a suspended license. People freak out and drive off all the time and end up draggin cops and shit. If they sat around all day chit chattin about it that could be a possibility. That girl knew she wasn't supposed to be driving ...

• Shit, I wish I had a taser gun so that I could shoot all those dumbasses driving around on their goddamn cell phones.

Note: I talk on my phone and drive all the time, but I'm not retarded.

Lets also think about this:

We are quick the critsize the cops when it comes to situations like this.

We are also quick to critisize them when there is a crime in process and people say "where are the police when you need them?

A drunk driver kills a pedestrian.

Where was the cops? why wasnt he stopped? he was swerving for miles!

Oh the cops?

Yeah they were taking their time trying to sweet talk a lady who was being difficult, to pretty please hop out of her car.

They have the time for that.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i hear you man they were just doing there job .. but their jobs trains them to ASSUME that every citizen they encounter is a loose cannon trigger happy psycopath and I find that to be an incredibly disturbing modus operendi.

• Seriously though, couldn't he have just dragged her out of the car?

• Still, I have to question that second hit when she's on the ground. They can't subdue her until she's in the fetal, WTF?

Seriously though, couldn't he have just dragged her out of the car?

It is my understanding that the police are getting away from that type of procedure. It just escalates physical confrontations. This way, the perp is subdued and easy to manage, rather than the alternative. Dragging her out, her temper flares, swings at the cops with that cell phone, and then the cops beat the shit out of her with nightsticks.

Still, I have to question that second hit when she's on the ground. They can't subdue her until she's in the fetal, WTF?

Perhaps the second was not called for. but still, but the fuckin hands behind your back. He told her several times that she would get hit again, but she was too busy puttin on a show.

i hear you man they were just doing there job .. but their jobs trains them to ASSUME that every citizen they encounter is a loose cannon trigger happy psycopath and I find that to be an incredibly disturbing modus operendi.

Co-signature.

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    My take is that both parties are at fault. Impatient, holier than thou cops with repressed axes to grind, and ignorant citizens thinking they're untouchable or threatened .

It is right that innocent until proven guilty is eroding. Being a cop is a tough job no doubt about that... But case's like these remind me of frustrated parents who beat their kids. I also think it is a reflection of the officers suspervisors, poor management! Can't take the blame for every bad thing someone does under your belt, but with right management, crazy shit like this probably wouldn't happen.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    FUCK
    THIS
    SHIT

co-sign. i'm actually eating lunch right now and i'm starting to lose my appetite. had to turn that shit off.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

Better tazed than shot. I believe in innocent until proven guilty - but that doesn't apply here. This person was asked by an officer of the law to comply with his request. She refused. Rather than subdue her physically, the officer took the only other route he had available - he tazed the woman. Its not pretty to see & it would have been better if she just got out of the car, but some people are stupid.

h

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Hi,

Better tazed than shot. I believe in innocent until proven guilty - but that doesn't apply here. This person was asked by an officer of the law to comply with his request. She refused. Rather than subdue her physically, the officer took the only other route he had available - he tazed the woman. Its not pretty to see & it would have been better if she just got out of the car, but some people are stupid.

h
    Well, you do have a damn good point. All she had to do was get out but it looked like he had that taser on her ass for minute. Damn holmes.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Being tased isnt that bad. It SUCKS FOR SURE! but it isnt what she made it out to be.

I used to visit the bad houses. And there was a spot that had all sorts of electric torture devices. It was pretty heavy. I shocked myself six ways til Tuesday. By having my eyes covered by the hand of someone who was being shocked (makes you "see stars"). By holding electric doorknobs while someone else controlled the voltage (which is weird, because once you start getting shocked your arms contract the dude one the other end loses control of how much voltage he's sending while you lose the ability to let go). By hooking jumper cables up to your body.

Shit was all kinds of crazy. Hurt pretty bad. And I remember the hour-long drive home, I could feel my fillings glowing in my mouth. Crazy tasting weirdness.

Tasers are fun until it's someone you don't know shooting it at you.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    im not gonna watch this, but you never know with cops man. Its not always a good idea to get out the car!