talib and madlib - liberation fulldownload

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    for free??
    fuck it, ill bite.
    i support madlib's catalogue.

• make sense why it??s free

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Yeah, downloaded this but didn't listen to it yet, I'll check it later, curious about the lyrics... LOL

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

is that madlib?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    is that madlib?

Looks like it, with Lynndie England in Abu Ghraib.
    Real bold political statement with the artwork there, Kweluud.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    im really diggin this

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    So what's this called, Liblib?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    So what's this called, Liblib?

What else I>could/I> it be called?
    IMG SRC=http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6391/quomadkwelpr2.gif>

• people always so quick to hate. I just listened to it, there are a couple of tracks i aint hot and sweaty about but for the most part this free internet release is real nice, especially for a free release. I will listen to it more than once, the beats are dope and it is by far the best work talib has rocked in years.

• people always so quick to hate.

sayin'. i haven't heard the music but I do co-sign on this for the sheer fact dudes are saying something political. But you know whatever...... it's a lot easier to just sit back and make funny little photoshop pictures instead and at the same time clown a couple of dudes' trying to be progressive.

GTFOOHWTBS b/w no diaperrash

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    There's absolutely nothing progressive or political about this album.
    Not that that's a good or bad thing, but this shit it just weak.

• There's absolutely nothing progressive or political about this album.

how is the artwork not progressive or political to you? That shit is bold. I wasn't talking about the music at all.

• Some of the beats were aight though talib remains as boring as ever. I don't know why there is any discussion about the politics of the album since they are so obviously insincere. The sole reason for the rage-lite artwork and scattering of truther cliche's amongst the lyrics is to give the illusion of substance to what is a vapid and instantly forgettable album.

• So what's this called, Liblib?

What else I>could/I> it be called?
    IMG SRC=http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6391/quomadkwelpr2.gif>

as always, talib's lyrics are

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    There's absolutely nothing progressive or political about this album.

how is the artwork not progressive or political to you? That shit is bold. I wasn't talking about the music at all.

C'mon, man--demanding that people shower them with props for the artwork on a download-only "album" is about like me demanding props for the political content of my SoulStrut posts.

These schitts is bold!

• not wack enuff to hate, not good enuff to praise.

• here is the Official artwork
    IMG SRC="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/108/296151863_7fa3650590_b.jpg" WIDTH=700>
    IMG SRC="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/110/299508578_582a8db32f_b.jpg" WIDTH=700>

• There's absolutely nothing progressive or political about this album.

C'mon, man--demanding that people shower them with props for the artwork on a download-only "album" is about like me demanding props for the political content of my SoulStrut posts.

These schitts is bold!

Umm...I don't they're neccesarilly they're begging for a a pat on the back, they just picked the artwork that they wanted.

and the album is "eh" like I said in that "27 albums to look for in 2007" this at least has a chance to be good but both dudes need to really step it up. Frankly it's whatever, it's sounds like a mix-tape than anything....the Dudley Perkins album from 06 is way better and interesting. The artwork > the music

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    You Patrick.

Of course you're right but now you/we need to know why they do it that way,
    [maybe because it's free?]

Because we all know that Lib kills it when he wants to and Talib is a half of Reflection Eternal, a half of Black Star, he's the dude who made "The Manifesto"...

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I'll take a zip of these beats plaese! I've never been able to get into Kweli's lyrics.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    it's a lot easier to just sit back and make funny little photoshop pictures instead and at the same time clown a couple of dudes' trying to be progressive.

GTFOOHWTBS b/w no diaperrash

Oh it's ON NOW, SIR!

Feel my wrath: IMG SRC=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5715/ypbolddr8.gif>

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Some of the beats are OK (I really like the 1st two), but I just can't listen to Talib for 9 songs (mad boring-related). I didn't really feel the CD. I wish Madlib would've paired with Mos (or maybe Brother J) rather than Talib, if he had to pick a kufi MC.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    I'll take a zip of these beats plaese! I've never been able to get into Kweli's lyrics.

the second track (Funny Money) was used as a snippet on a madlib power 106 mix with jay-z over it (december 4th I think?) a few years back...and even in the post-dangermouse Black Album mash-up era, it still sounded good to me. Hearing talib over it now in 2006 takes the wind out of the spinnaker, so to speak.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I like this more than I expected to - as usual with Madlib the sound quality's doo doo on a stick even though the beats are good. I can actually stand Talib this time around, must be refreshed after a long Kweli-free vacation.

• I like a track or two - feeling several beats though. on what everyone said about Talib.

Sidenote: I just went back and listened to Madlib's Movie Scene's Vol. 1 - there is some fucking ill tracks on there. I never really paid a whole lot of attention to it when it came out.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Sidenote: I just went back and listened to Madlib's Movie Scene's Vol. 1 - there is some fucking ill tracks on there. I never really paid a whole lot of attention to it when it came out.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• lol

cmon, the Tablid is dope

http://thebottlecapman.com/images/Unused Soda Cork2/Tab.jpg" alt="" />

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    im curious to know why yall think talib is boring
    im not agreein or disagreein, but i am curious to know

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    im curious to know why yall think talib is boring
    im not agreein or disagreein, but i am curious to know

He's not boring--at least in the sense that utter incompetence as a rapper is slightly more interesting than mere competence.