SILVER SURFER whoa look at this schitt batches!

2»

Comments

• has it ever been explained why an alien from another planet would have a cotdamn surfboard anyway?

I've always wondered about that, too. The surfbord is a cooler than DC's take. Anyone remember the Scarlet Skier? Or the New Gods version of the grim reaper. I think he had skis & ski poles too & he was called the black racer.

Yep... now in this case, even weirder than having an alien on skis is the fact that it's a black dude on skis

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Sue storm was always a throwaway character imo. Jessica Alba is a huge upgrade.

- spidey

You apparently have never seen Alba act.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Silver Surfer & Black Racer (Kirby Creations) are both harbingers of Death.

As far as cats wishing for the giant epics to to be made like Secret Wars and Infinity Gauntlet.

They have to get the regular heros correct first before they even go to the next level w/ 100 heroes in a flick.
    Shiiiiiiiiaat. Hulk wasnt done that well. FF still needs some tweaking. Most cats hate Daredevil. The jury is out on Ghost Rider. Blade was exhausted after 2. Captain America/Iron Man/Thor hasn't been done yet. Spider-Man holds up. Punisher, whatever.
    X-Men were successful in showing superhero team chemistry as well as Magneto/Morlocks. So if you up the ante and double up on the numbers of villians and heroes w/ character focuses, maybe an epic is possible.
    But If they even attempt to go there it should really be on some Lord of The Rings 3 parter shit. Secret Wars( which hasnt aged well) cant be done in 2 hours. Truthfully - Secret Wars was just a deluxe version of The Contest Of Champions.

I'm not trying to see NO Epics until the core characters are executed correctly.
    And Yes Silver Surfer does have strong similarites to T2 Liquid Man. Or is it really vice versa?

Sue Storm was always a throwaway character imo. Jessica Alba is a huge upgrade.

Dogs, She's the most powerful of the Four. John Byrne established this.

And Alba is a bad choice for Sue Richards in terms of matching the American blonde.
    Dont get me wrong I can damn sure accept the choice 'cause Alba is lava-ish.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

Here is a link to the OG surfer short film/trailer that was made by an amature film maker 12 years ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4r4Trkty1U

Here's some backround:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=4403

"The entire industry goes nuts over the short. Overnight, we get calls from every single studio, every single agency. We're having lunch with presidents of studios. No one's ever heard of the Silver Surfer and they think we own the rights to him. And we're like, 'no, we're idiots, we don't own it.'" Of course, during the course of the production, there had been those who had argued the guys should have dumped the Silver Surfer in favor of a character they made up and that they did hold the rights to. But no dice: "The whole reason it came out so good," Fleming said, "I think it all has to do with being true to yourself. We wanted to do the Silver Surfer. We wanted to prove it could have been done. I still say if we had done Blue Man or Fire Man, it wouldn't have come out as good.

"Now, every studio is hounding Marvel Comics for the rights to the movie. ??? We had made Constantin a $5 million commercial for their property," Fleming said. "Overnight, Oliver Stone is calling, asking to direct it."

peace

h

• I wish these kinda movies were near as good as their trailors make them look

• Captain America has been done...poorly

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    You apparently have never seen Alba act.

C'mon O.. She can stand on one foot and I'd be impressed.

I'm kind of hyped to see what Galactus is going to look like.

"Rivetti: It's really too silly to talk about, Sir. I'd really just forget about...

Hunter: I don't give a damn about what you'd rather forget about. Why were you two fighting?

Rivetti: I said, the Kirby Silver Surfer was the only real Silver Surfer. And that the Moebius Silver Surfer was shit. And Bennefield's a big Moebius fan. And it got of hand. I pushed him. He pushed me. I lost my head, Sir. I'm Sorry.

Hunter: Rivetti, you're a supervisor. You can get a commission like that.

Rivetti: I know, Sir. You're 100 percent right. It will never happen again.

Hunter: It better not happen again. If I see this kind of nonsense again, I'm going to write you up. You understand?

Rivetti: [No answer]

Hunter: Do you understand?

Rivetti: Yes, Sir.
    Hunter: You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity. Everybody who reads comic books knows that the Kirby Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. Now am I right or wrong?

Rivetti: You're right, Sir.

Hunter: Now get out of here.

Rivetti: Yes, Sir."

- spidey

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I'm kind of to see what JOHN GOODMAN as Galactus is going to look like.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    man, i would love to see some secret wars or infinity gauntlet epic mufucking film. if they let me design the trailer, i would just have it say "MORE MUFUCKAZ THAN YOU CAN COUNT" and just show a bunch of people fighting and that would be it.

• has it ever been explained why an alien from another planet would have a cotdamn surfboard anyway?

According to Lee, Kirby said he created the surfboard "because I'm tired of drawing spaceships!"

• Captain America/Iron Man/Thor hasn't been done yet. Spider-Man holds up.

all three of these are in development, morton downey jr is playing tony stark

i can't wait for a doctor strange!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    morton downey jr is playing tony stark

- spidey

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i would watch ironman at least once a day if ghost played tony starks

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    If they're gonna drop venom in the new spiderman flick thats gunna fuck with the secret wars storyline a bit won't it?

• morton ROBERT downey jr is playing tony stark

If they're gonna drop venom in the new spiderman flick thats gunna fuck with the secret wars storyline a bit won't it?

Hollywood disregards Comic continuity.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Hollywood disregards Comic continuity.

Yea, it took 3 X-Men movies to start indroducing original X-Men. Hollwood just caes what sells.

I finally peeped this last night.
    It was better than the first movie.
    Alba looked mad wack w/ her blonde wig and blue contacts.
    The pacing/mood is still for kids, which i understand.
    Silver Surfer looked incredible. And I wasnt mad a Ike Turner's voice over.
    There wasnt many WTF moments like Spidey - 3.
    Exchanging Alicia w/ Sue as the person who gets to the Surfer was WTF for me. Alicia's blindness is what added to the OG storyline. She wasnt afraid. Whatever.
    Fantasti-Car was bananas.
    It was like an hour and a half, maybe 20 mins. Too short.
    There was none of the classic Silver Surfer pondering the universe thoughts.
    Very good action.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I finally peeped this last night.
    It was better than the first movie.
    Alba looked mad wack w/ her blonde wig and blue contacts.
    The pacing/mood is still for kids, which i understand.
    Silver Surfer looked incredible. And I wasnt mad a Ike Turner's voice over.
    There wasnt many WTF moments like Spidey - 3.
    Exchanging Alicia w/ Sue as the person who gets to the Surfer was WTF for me. Alicia's blindness is what added to the OG storyline. She wasnt afraid. Whatever.
    Fantasti-Car was bananas.
    It was like an hour and a half, maybe 20 mins. Too short.
    There was none of the classic Silver Surfer pondering the universe thoughts.
    Very good action.

is there Galactus?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

is there Galactus?

NO. not really. which was one of the main things i disliked about the flick. Overall, as a kid who grew up on that FF / Surfer / Jack Kirby schitt, i agree with Batmon... about a 7.0

• I watched the bootleg of this.. i feel asleep at the Galactus is coming part. I thought i was about half way through. Next day i throw it back on and boom it end like ten minutes later. No galactus no cool fight no nothing. The movie was pretty good up to the end.

Seriously.......

If they were to have Galactus actually Land on Earth the movie would turn into...

The Day After Tommorrow.

By the tone set in the first movie the FF brand seems to really be geared towards children,
    unlike something like Blade & Daredevil which has a much darker tone. I dont see them going into
    an apocalyptic direction.
    I had no problem w/ them "concealing" Galactus.
    I wish They could have shown his planet eating devices at the least.
    Another thing - the FF didnt fight the Surfer????

For real though, this Hollywood superhero genre feels like its on its last legs.
    Maybe it needs some downtime and start to approach some of these projects w/ a fresher eye.

Ghost Rider (which I havent seen) seems crazy suspect. Im losing my enthusiam for these flicks.