HOLLYWOOD STRUTTERS- upscale shopping locations

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Hey strutters who are in or are very familiar with the LA / Hollywood / Beverly Hills / Santa Monica / Pasedena / Placentia / Alhambra / South Central areas, I'm trying to find out the names of all th places to shop for high end merchandises. Like clothes, jewelry, watches and sunglases. Upscale haberdashers. Very posh and ritzy eateries as well. Places where only very rich people and especially celebrities can afford to mingle. I know Rodeo Drive, and a few other spots I can't think of right now. Can you name some more great locations for this type of stuff? Places OJ Simpson would have frequented on the regular BITD... you know, before he was And oh yeah, DEFINITELY spots where Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan etc. like to get drunk and flash their privates in public.Name names for a pimp. Thanks in advance and have a blessed new years, batches!

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Restaurant: The Ivy

Club: Hyde

• OJ shopped here, no store in la can compete.

• Restaurant: The Ivy

Oh yEAH! i remember seeing j-lo and them up in that piece. Outside chumpie with the picket fence. Good one holmes!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    hmmm....does that mean Mr. Most will be in LA for NYE?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

The Ivy is TERRIBLE. Food is garbage and the prices are ridiculous. All these Hollywood fools just want to be seen there. I don't understand the restaurant scene in L.A. It seems like the main thing is getting a table at a "cool" place and the food does not matter.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    hmmm....does that mean Mr. Most will be in LA for NYE?

!!!!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

The Ivy is TERRIBLE. Food is garbage and the prices are ridiculous. All these Hollywood fools just want to be seen there. I don't understand the restaurant scene in L.A. It seems like the main thing is getting a table at a "cool" place and the food does not matter.

So true.

I lived in LA/Santa Monica for a good long time and I'm trying to think of that high-end store that's some dude's name. There's two in town and the store logo is written in red and blue (I think) script. I'm spacing on it, and it's killing me. I keep wanting to say Kenneth Cole, but it's not as known as that. Then I want to say Joseph Phelps, but that's certainly not it.

One of the spots is on a corner in Santa Monica, just a bit east of the mall (I think) and not on the Promenade. Anyway, you can buy your $300 jeans there. Anyone got that name?

Oh yeah, it's Fred Segal. Check it.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    What it dew Phil! You heading out to la la land huh? Well yeah you know Rodeo got the Gucci shop, louis shop and all that. But YOU can't front on the Slausen swap meet while there either! Dope sneakers, decent jewelry and the cheapest t shirts and socks on the planet. Take a stroll down melrose too, you might find something and will def see a celebrity of some sort. You might fall into the record recycler too, and see Igor and the boss! Lol.......More dope sneakers on melrose too. Also, check Undefeated, and the stores directly next door to it and the dude with ALL the cazals on the right hand side a few doors down. Just make sure your pockets have the mumps. You smell me? Be prepared to PAY to PLAY! Don't front and getting a Tattoo from mr. cartoon while visiting. You know what it is....

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Go to Dan Tana's and get the Dabney Coleman (one pound NY steak). I ate that thing in 10 minutes, and seriously could've eaten another (no ayo). Magic was in the house that night, and is pretty regular over there.

• let me first say that i would personally never be seen anywhere near these joints. that said, all the foofie chicks i know hit up robertson, the west end of melrose, montana st in santa monica, and crystal court or some shit in OC.

why do you want to go there anyways? just curious.

• beverly w. of fairfax, 3rd st. just west of fairfax.

• let me first say that i would personally never be seen anywhere near these joints. that said, all the foofie chicks i know hit up robertson, the west end of melrose, montana st in santa monica, and crystal court or some shit in OC.

why do you want to go there anyways? just curious.

im a

• for good food, try a high end joint on 3rd (not far from farmer's market) called AOC, nice tapas style. also, the place leo, bono, jack + those kinda celebs eat chinese is Mr. Chow's in Bev. Hills. the food is expensive ($75 per) but good. decline to waiter's offer to select food for you and order for yourself. if you wanna flex like a true baller stay at the peninsula or 4 seasons in BH. and hire yourself a maserati.

• AOC isnt really exclusively expensive though. i mean, ive eaten there and im scrubby.

so, ok, youre a baller. what items are you looking for? are u just looking to people watch? cuz certain areas are more for the ladies, and other parts are for the "boys", if you catch my drift.

• so, ok, youre a baller. what items are you looking for? are u just looking to people watch?

im looking for people to watch me. I'm kind of big, you know. have you heard about my random rap releases?

• other parts are for the "boys", if you catch my drift.

plaese to steer me away from such spots

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Check out the Marc Jacobs store in Hollywood. I bought wifey a bag there and let's just say I'm glad I did.

• What it dew Phil! You heading out to la la land huh?

What it due, catdaddy. Actually, just so everyone knows, I'm not coming out to LA anytime soon. Hit it back in I guess 93 or 94, wasn't my scene at all. I probly do need to head back out there soon... maybe I was just at the wrong spots, cuz most heads I know LOVE to visit LA.
    I'm just doing a lil research for a lil project... just wanna know the big "in" spots for the glitterati and beautiful peoples out in Hollywood. Not interested in tourist attractions, just attractions.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED INFO. I can still use more. I KNOW soulstrut is full of the coolest hipsters in the world, i'm sure LA area strutters can hit me w/ more places of interest. Im counting on you, soulstrut!!!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Oh yeah a lot of cats hit up the "Grove" as well. U will be sure to catch a celeb over there. I remember like 4 years back I was at the slausen swap meet and this dude comes up to me trying to sell me a cd and telling me he just freestyled on the new kay slay mix tape blah, blah, blah. I was like sure dude I really don't give a shit. I figured out a few years later it was Gorilla Black aka: Big Cizzle!

What about that 24 hour deli down the street from the Beverly center everyone hits up at 4:00am?

• haha! saweet! stay on the westside of town and people will definately be looking at you!

oh yeah, one last tip. le prive in koreatown. $300 plates of can fruit, $500 bottles of crown royal, and a guaranteed "booking" with a korean chick(s)!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Check out the Marc Jacobs store in Hollywood. I bought wifey a bag there and let's just say I'm glad I did.

that's real. Maybe you can have a talk with Cas this weekend

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    $500 bottles of crown royal...

• $500 bottles of crown royal...

dude, the koreans take this whole baller thing to a new NEW level. its just regular crown too and i dont even think they throw in the velvet sac.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

oh yeah, one last tip. le prive in koreatown. $300 plates of can fruit, $500 bottles of crown royal, and a guaranteed "booking" with a korean chick(s)!

Shig, is a fly Korean girl included with the $300 fruit plates and $500 bottles of Crown?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    $500 bottles of crown royal...

dude, the koreans take this whole baller thing to a new NEW level. its just regular crown too and i dont even think they throw in the velvet sac.
    The velvet sac...