A humble gift, etc...

2»

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing this.

peace

h

• parenparen 537 Posts
    wonderful. thanks so much for sharing this.

• YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it started off slow for me, but the magic is there. track 8 and on just get into territory already charted by this very same group. i love it. i listened to the outro on repeat at work for 50 minutes. are there any song titles?
    thanks so much for sharing this. beautiful beautiful. i am sure this will not be the last we are hearing about this.

thanks to drew nice for burning me a copy!

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Maybe it's just me, but Tracks 6 and 9 seem to share some DNA with Neil Young's "Will To Love." The chord changes or something. And that fragility, that tentativeness--the feeling that it has to just keep starting over.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    My cousin just had this transfered from reel-to-reel and bestowed upon me a copy:

Archie Whitewater - Unreleased Second Album

Half of this album is the second, recorded just before Cadet folded or whatever; the other half is commercial music the band recorded (for Levis I think).

Enjoy.

This is tremendous shit. I didn't get on here over the holiday, so I'd have missed it completely if you hadn't bumped the thread. Thanks!

• squiidsquiid 35 Posts
    The wheels have possibly begun to turn, so we could see a proper release sometime in the (hopefully near) future, assuming all legal matters are sort-out-able.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I am still playing this often. Luminous is right. It's amazing what these dudes were doing, without doing.

Any news?

Further information on the commercial jingles aspect?

Release date?

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Good God! Arche Whitewater??s unreleased second album? Man, am I glad I keep checking this board. Thank you very much!

- J

• squiidsquiid 35 Posts
    No new news.

My cousin talked to Egon once (as he expressed great interest), but has yet to hear anything since; this was a few months ago. I should probably drop dude a message, see whatever happened. Maybe there were some legal issues, not sure.

Oh, and my girlfriend dug your bench Jonny.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    haha thanks!