Most Valuable Record You Got? Favorite?

TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
House is on fire, can only grab one disc:You left the water running / The Otis jam - Stone 209 * 1976posthumously released 45. can't be more than 500-800 in the world after his wife had them taken from the shelves. that one and a 45 of god save the queen on A & M are probably most treasured ones i got. But my favorite record that I own is: 'cause i got it at an estate sale in Ohio for $4. What y'all got?

Comments

• not sure whats most valuable

'procrastination' 45 the U.S.
    little wille john fever (nurse cover)
    tina brooks
    jr + his soulettes
    gandalf the grey wizard am i
    ????i dunno. theres others i cant recall.

in a fire my brain would explode. shits all over the place i love to death/may never find again. maybe little buck - little boy blue 45 on seven B, or the procrastination 45.

ugh - must banish these dread boderation disaster thoughts!

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    and a 45 of god save the queen on A & M are probably most treasured ones i got.

dude, you are saying that you got this one?...

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4838165513

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    House is on fire, can only grab one disc:

You left the water running / The Otis jam - Stone 209 * 1976

posthumously released 45. can't be more than 500-800 in the world after his wife had them taken from the shelves.

that one and a 45 of god save the queen on A & M are probably most treasured ones i got.

I think at least half the people on here have read that book; please try to be a little more creative with your fabrications next time.

• Tough question:

I'd mention a few

Stevie Wonder "Do I Do" 12. (Even though I spin this out and is not the greatest of shape anymore).

My brothers copy of Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth's "T.R.O.Y."

My Test Pressings of the first records I had beats on: Kero One Check The Blueprints (King Most Remix) & "Keep It Alive".

Ja Rule feat. Case "Do I Do" 12. (Even though I spin this out and is not the greatest of shape anymore).

That's really not that valuable, dude.

• Ja Rule feat. Case "Do I Do" 12. (Even though I spin this out and is not the greatest of shape anymore).

That's really not that valuable, dude.

we be livin' it up livin' it up

• Bobby Matos ( My Latin Soul ) unplayed MINTY for twenty five freakin cents...

I would definitely keep running in and out of the house to retrieve my breakz, yo, and samplez, yo. Even if it meant my own peril.

I would definitely keep running in and out of the house to retrieve my breakz, yo, and samplez, yo. Even if it meant my own peril.

A true devotee of breakz, yo, and samplez, yo, never speaks on the game.

Except sometimes he will be unable to contain his excitement at the prospect of having stumbled upon a trove of untapped breakz, yo, and will commit an indiscretion such as holding up a copy of the below obscurity and asking a fellow shopper, "Do this got drums, yo?" ----ACTUAL EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE OCCURRENCE

But... but... there are drumz on the cover, yo!

• House is on fire, can only grab one disc:

You left the water running / The Otis jam - Stone 209 * 1976

posthumously released 45. can't be more than 500-800 in the world after his wife had them taken from the shelves.

that one and a 45 of god save the queen on A & M are probably most treasured ones i got.

dude, you are saying that you got this one?...

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4838165513

I think at least half the people on here have read that book; please try to be a little more creative with your fabrications next time.

god save the queen etch tells me its a second-run, but i'm not sure the re-issue lineage b/c it was banned, but it was given to me by a friend whose record i mixed as a barter and was liquidating his collection.

i'm sure the otis is OG, and as far as fabrications go, i love that book but had the record long before i read it. keep trying to blow up my spot though, its fun.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    keep trying to blow my spot though, its fun.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    This situation actually nearly happened to me. The house two houses down from me caught on fire and completely burned down. Burning embers from their roof were being blown onto my roof. Grabbed the family, ran out. After that, the next two things that popped into my mind were: 1) Grab my laptop, 2) Save the James Brown records! While none of Mr. Brown's records are that expensive, they're valuable to me personally.

• i actually saw that somewhere once, but i don't remember where, maybe the sound library? sorry i missed out on it, looks like the shit just from the cover.

This situation actually nearly happened to me. The house two houses down from me caught on fire and completely burned down. Burning embers from their roof were being blown onto my roof. Grabbed the family, ran out. After that, the next two things that popped into my mind were: 1) Grab my laptop, 2) Save the James Brown records! While none of Mr. Brown's records are that expensive, they're valuable to me personally.

i hear that. i keep dvd backups of all my work off-site, so i could live without the hard drive, but i think the les paul would be strapped to me no matter what record/girlfriend i had under the other arms.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I have crate filled w/ the records I would grab during an emergency. Yeah......

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    If I could only grab one record, probably Patrick Hernandez "Born to Be Alive" 12.

• I have crate filled w/ the records I would grab during an emergency. Yeah......

to me that's the difference between standing outside your house screaming "WTF?" and standing outside your house babbling quietly to yourself wondering where the hell you're going to find

again.

• thats it?

none of y'all captains are going down with the ship?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I would do exactly that, but I would mentally run down records and measure the length of the break and start with the record with the longest break and continue accordingly, from my ssssshhhhh record that is one continuous drum break from start to finish, right down to my other secret squirrell record with half a drum break, but its a killer half a drumbreak, yo.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I never thought about this before. My most valuable (sentimentally) record to me is:

I'd have to say one of my favorite albums (among many) is:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak