60-70's Reggae Mix

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Does anyone have a recomendation? I want to give to a good friend as a gift.

Comments

• The Soul Jazz comps are the queen tits...and they all sound better than my hammered OGs...I like.

• tighten up crew been bringing some seriousness...

http://dancecrasher.podomatic.com/

or if you want to buy something you can check these out.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• There was that Madlib mix of the Trojan stuff, blunted in the bombshelter i think it was called.

good for a gift if they're after something not to heavy.

• This one is a really nice comp of rare Blue Cat stuff.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

This is a great CD, but if memory serves me right, there's only a few Reggae tracks on there. Most are Soul and Funk.

• The Soul Jazz comps are the queen tits...and they all sound better than my hammered OGs...I like.

cosign...

• There was that Madlib mix of the Trojan stuff, blunted in the bombshelter i think it was called.

good for a gift if they're after something not to heavy.

word.. I use to have this .. don't know where it went.. anyone got mp3 to share? I gotta buy them something.. but want this for myself

• Personally, I much prefer the shorkut edition of this series...Blunted with a Beat Junkie...Madlib's selection is good, but his DJ skills are skakey at best. His selection is a bit older though, so that may be more of what you are looking for.

As for Soul Jazz comps...HUGE COSIGN. No one can front on these. I haven't heard all of them, but some of my favorites are:

Studio One Rockers (my favorite)
    Studio One Roots
    Studio One Scorcher (instrumentals)

There are so many others...

• let me just add Studio One Soul to the list above

• As for Soul Jazz comps...HUGE COSIGN. No one can front on these.

LOL!

• DRockDRock 14 Posts
    They aren't mixes, but the 100% Dynamite series (200%, 300% etc.) on Souljazz can't be beat for reggae comps. Also you should check out some of the Trojan box sets, particularly The History Of Trojan Records 1968-1971.