Korg Triton LE

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Just bought one..the 61 key joint. I am only experienced with MPCs and shit. Think ill dig it? it looks pretty damn fun..especially for southern beats. Who fucks with em here?

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Just bought one.. Think ill dig it?

haha what? Did you get it for cheap?

• yeah pretty cheap. My girl wanted to learn to play some, so I said fuck it and got it for a present for her. I mean..i think I could have some fun with it as well.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I miss mine. It's a pretty fun machine, but you can't add new sounds, which is a bummer.

• yeah, i miss the shit out of my mpc...but it seems like I could have fun with this making that kinda typical southern shit or something.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    that kinda typical southern shit

This is not a good example of what can be done with the Triton LE, but I threw this together in a few minutes with mine after someone on SS posted up the Laffy Taffy accapella.

http://www.superiorsoapbox.com/mp3/laffytaffy.mp3

It is not a snap beat, BTW.

• btw, I sold the Triton. Wasnt feeling it at all. Oh well. Easy come, easy go.

• brandonbrandon 42 Posts
    You might want to look into the KORG LEGACY software.

+

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    You might want to look into the KORG LEGACY software.

+

It's a pretty good package, but it's probably not as good as the sounds on the triton. I just find that the Korg plugin sounds are too drenched in reverb and a tad "plastic". Still, the value can't be beat and the presets are easy to tweak. Don't overlook NI's Massive either, which funnily enough is indeed massive and sounds great. Either way, your girl should be stoked on the triton!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Any KORG plug-in is a joke. Sorry. Shit sounds like it was recorded in Siberia. I still have my Triton. First keyboard i bought du to the peer-pressure. The "Grindin' beat was made with that, dude!!". Like i give a shit. I'm not Chad anyway. So i ended up using the Triton for some drum work (pretty good presets to fuck around with). Basses are ok but not really what i like. Subs are dope as hell. Still using them. The Strings may be useful if you just started doing "southern beats" as you say. But they are really really limited. Once you fuck around with a Fantom, you can't go back to a Triton.
    On a side note, the Korg carries some nice Synth lead. The synthetic layers are so pre-star wars, i hate them. Th twirkling sounds are dope tho'. Ask Clipse.
    That's pretty much of it for my review. If i have one last advice, dont use the internal sequencer unless you're ready to beat up your Korg like rednecks beat up their wifes.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I have the Triton Extreme 88-key joint (heavy as fuck-related!!!). I fucks with it (on occasion) with my trusty ASR-10 providing the drums. Check out "G Womack 1" as example of how I do with two pieces of hardware here: My Soundclick Site

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

heavy as fuck

I always wondered if they dont put some concrete in it. Shyt is way too heavy...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    heavy as fuck

I always wondered if they dont put some concrete in it. Shyt is way too heavy...

Lugging that fucka around will have you swole like Lou Ferigno.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    the fantom is cool, but having owned all 3 id have to give it to the motif es.

actually, if you wanna know, the only 2 synth i now use is my Motif (main one) and the Fantom (can't beat the violins and the ethnic module). Triton < Fantom < Motif

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    actually, if you wanna know, the only 2 synth i now use is my Motif (main one) and the Fantom (can't beat the violins and the ethnic module). Triton < Fantom < Motif

fantoms are dope cause they run the srx cards, which are heat. Other than that, better violins. a few better synths. oh yeah, and a better piano. which is kinda big.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    the fantoms have 3/4 slots for SRX right? i was gonna get some but they are at a premium cost! i was thinking of getting the orchestra/world/piano/ultimate keys ones. combined cost of 600 quid (1200 dollars). makes me wonder if it's worth it.

a lotta people buy these workstations expecting them to be the missing piece in their production jigsaw, couldn't be futher from the truth. more likely it'll be gathering dust while you are re-installing Reason/FL or whatever.

Problem is producers tend to think that a keyboard will help you. No it wont. You better help yourself. It wont gives you ideas, directions or a distinctive sound. None of that. A keyboard will look at you like you're a dumb-ass if you dont know what to do. Like a girl waiting for you to fuck her, but you scared to put your dick in coz you're a rookie and she's a pro.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    A keyboard will look at you like you're a dumb-ass if you dont know what to do. Like a girl waiting for you to fuck her, but you scared to put your dick in coz you're a rookie and she's a pro.

REAL TALK.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Problem is producers tend to think that a keyboard will help you. No it wont. You better help yourself. It wont gives you ideas, directions or a distinctive sound. None of that. A keyboard will look at you like you're a dumb-ass if you dont know what to do. Like a girl waiting for you to fuck her, but you scared to put your dick in coz you're a rookie and she's a pro.

so the moral is if you use just straight presets that bitch'll kick your ass straight out the door.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    id have to give it to the motif es.