Portable turntable info

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Can someone tell me the name of those red/ white portable turntables I saw posted in here a few months back? I think that they are retro joints however they are still being produced. I tried to search for the original post regarding these turntables but I cant locate it.....thanks in advance for looking out

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    yeah thats it thanks!!

• reskresk 391 Posts

columbia gp3
    they have em at dusty groove

they DID have them at dusty grooves, but no more. This had to happen when im ready to buy one.

any japanese heads willing to buy one and send one to the US for me. I'll be more than happy to paypal the loot ahead of time of course.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

columbia gp3

still looking for a replacement stylus. can anyone with info on where i can get these, plaese to post. thanks.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

columbia gp3
    they have em at dusty groove

they DID have them at dusty grooves, but no more. This had to happen when im ready to buy one.

any japanese heads willing to buy one and send one to the US for me. I'll be more than happy to paypal the loot ahead of time of course.

Word, I cant find this turntable anywhere.....looks like Imma have to go with the Numark one.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I go portable in style.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    I FOUND THIS AT A FLEA MARKET NO SO LONG AGO.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    I got a GP-3 of ebay a couple years ago and its all in Japanese. Funny thing is...the sender had a return address of MTV studios in NYC. You can find them going on ebay, but lately, be prepared to spend almost the same amount of money as a brand new one.

I wouldn't know where to get the GP-3 or replacement stylus anymore ever since Dustygroove stopped carrying them. The only place I have heard mention of a replacement stylus is here...

http://www.jetsetrecords.net/index.php?P=goods&L=EN

If you can't find a GP-3...save up your money and go for a Soundburger. Besides the cool name, different models have many features including RCA outs and built in tape players that can record a LP on the fly. Check around ebay...but they're pricey...

I wouldn't recommend the Vestax or Numark...they just seem llike they're built out of cheap plastic. I know many owners that have cracked theirs.

I always come across Fisher Price portables which are solid as a rock. If any of you are interested I can keep my eye out.

• I FOUND THIS AT A FLEA MARKET NO SO LONG AGO.

I've known a couple people with these. Very cool, but seems like they would beat the hell out of your 45s, I'd be scared to use it!!

• I got a GP-3 of ebay a couple years ago and its all in Japanese. Funny thing is...the sender had a return address of MTV studios in NYC. You can find them going on ebay, but lately, be prepared to spend almost the same amount of money as a brand new one.

I wouldn't know where to get the GP-3 or replacement stylus anymore ever since Dustygroove stopped carrying them. The only place I have heard mention of a replacement stylus is here...

http://www.jetsetrecords.net/index.php?P=goods&L=EN

If you can't find a GP-3...save up your money and go for a Soundburger. Besides the cool name, different models have many features including RCA outs and built in tape players that can record a LP on the fly. Check around ebay...but they're pricey...

I wouldn't recommend the Vestax or Numark...they just seem llike they're built out of cheap plastic. I know many owners that have cracked theirs.

I always come across Fisher Price portables which are solid as a rock. If any of you are interested I can keep my eye out.

on the numark / vestax portables, their junk. if you can find the "see through" blue gp3, get it. its made out of a much tougher, pliable plastic that wont crack like every other red one. but, all those gp3s are quiet.

downside to the soundburger/mr disc, depending what you're using it for, is the lack of internal speaker.but fidelity and smallness are unsurpassed.

anyone here have luck installing a headphone jack into a portable? I have an old singer that is LOUD and small but lacks outs. I'm geussin i could cut thespeaker wire and splice a jack into it....stories, how to's?

• If you can't find a GP-3...save up your money and go for a Soundburger. Besides the cool name, different models have many features including RCA outs and built in tape players that can record a LP on the fly. Check around ebay...but they're pricey...

I have an extra soundburger and am open for trades on it....