Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This is very sad.

• This is very sad.

I refuse to listen.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    This is very sad.

I refuse to listen.
    as interested as I am in hearing Skillz go thru the allhiphop news archives...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This is very sad.

I refuse to listen.

Ha, I don't blame you, I thought it was the Rap Up 2005 for a minute, same beat and everything.

Ya'll need to relax though, shit.

This is very sad.

I refuse to listen.

I mean the fact that he's doing it is--no way am I actually giving up four minutes of my life to listen to it.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Also, I have a hard time believing this guy is still ghostwriting. He likes to mention that he ghostwrites for more popular artists (everyone) in almost every song.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I mean the fact that he's doing it is--no way am I actually giving up four minutes of my life to listen to it.

Yet you're more then happy to give up four + minutes to write in a thread dedicated to it.

Also, I have a hard time believing this guy is still ghostwriting. He likes to mention that he ghostwrites for more popular artists (everyone) in almost every song.

I liked how in his interviews he used to always talk up his alternate "career" as a parking lot attendant.

I'm not at all mad at rappers pursuing more conventional ways of making money, but in order to be a career--and to be worth bragging about--your thing should be going somewhere. Where can you go as a parking lot attendant? To senior parking lot attendant?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Yet you're more then happy to give up four + minutes to write in a thread dedicated to it.

Faux has a tough time managing his time and hate

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I kinda like it...

Isn't this the one over "lost ones" beat? How could it have been the same beat last year?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I kinda like it...

Isn't this the one over "lost ones" beat? How could it have been the same beat last year?

last years beat was that Jaime Foxx & Ludacris track.

This years ain't all that bad. Much better than last years.

1. If it takes you four or more minutes to type a sentence along the lines of "This is very sad," perhaps you should consider typing classes;

2. Posting on SoulStrut is, in fact, a much better use of anybody's time than listening to this dude. Other acts of dissipation that I would rank ahead of listening to his music: making socks by hand out of toothfloss, reading the nutrition information on the side of a pack of gum, talking to my own hand, Project Blowed frisbee golf.

• I sense a....

:5pager:

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    1. If it takes you four or more minutes to type a sentence along the lines of "This is very sad," perhaps you should consider typing classes;

2. Posting on SoulStrut is, in fact, a much better use of anybody's time than listening to this dude. Other acts of dissipation that I would rank ahead of listening to his music: making socks by hand out of toothfloss, reading the nutrition information on the side of a pack of gum, talking to my own hand, Project Blowed frisbee golf.

Between reading/writing/hating I would say you're up to a least 6 minutes by now (minimum 4).

This thread was dying till you bumped it with your "This is very sad" comment.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I sense a....

this song does not deserve a :2pager:

edite: D'oh!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I sense a....

this song does not deserve a :2pager:

edite: D'oh!

HA.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    This is very sad.

I refuse to listen.

Absolutely. He's like a child that keeps doing the same trick because you laughed at it the first time.
    I blame the Okayplayers.
    They are legion.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    seriously though this rules...no i havent heard the track, wont let me download...i'm saying the concept rules. dude makes all his income or generates his buzz writing some lyrics at the end of the last quarter...what a fucking job! i want a job like that.

i think i'l start write a "fore"-cap song...ie, "fore"-cap 2007. In this way I predict what will happen in the following rap year, and this way after January 1st, my job is done for the whole year, no stress at the end of year trying to recap.

lyrics like
    "Hip Hop was dead after 2006,
    In the year 2007
    It didn't even exist"

then i'd collect and bounce.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i dont think dude is getting paid off of this like, at all.

Its basically an audio blog post.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    seriously though this rules...no i havent heard the track, wont let me download...i'm saying the concept rules. dude makes all his income or generates his buzz writing some lyrics at the end of the last quarter...what a fucking job! i want a job like that.

i think i'l start write a "fore"-cap song...ie, "fore"-cap 2007. In this way I predict what will happen in the following rap year, and this way after January 1st, my job is done for the whole year, no stress at the end of year trying to recap.

lyrics like
    "Hip Hop was dead after 2006,
    In the year 2007
    It didn't even exist"

then i'd collect and bounce.

I don't know, do you think he really pulls in any kind of loot off these songs?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    no it was more of a joke...but its like that's all he looks forward to with respect to his career

• I think he spends a lot of time on tour, everytime Jazzy Jeff's played in the UK in the last few years he's been there on stage. I'm not sure if he acts as hypeman in the US as well though...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I liked how in his interviews he used to always talk up his alternate "career" as a parking lot attendant.

I'm not at all mad at rappers pursuing more conventional ways of making money, but in order to be a career--and to be worth bragging about--your thing should be going somewhere. Where can you go as a parking lot attendant? To senior parking lot attendant?

as many people that I've heard knock this aspect of his life, that job allowed him to write rhymes on the clock and holleur at many fine ladies.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    others rappers have a lot worse gimmicks then this to keep their careers going, at least this actually involves rapping.

the year before was pretty crappy to be fair so i can see why the expectation ain't too high. the one over that common beat was the best fo sure.

someone should mention that this Rap Up contains Wire Spoilers, cos a lot of people ain't finished season 4 and it is kind of a shame to ruin it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

^^^^^^^^^ VA on the hat!!

Shaquan is that dude.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    someone should mention that this Rap Up contains Wire Spoilers, cos a lot of people ain't finished season 4 and it is kind of a shame to ruin it.

Yeah, I coulda done without that.

I like Skillz when he's funny. Apart from the odd line here & there, this is just Maybe it's a fair reflection of 2006 from a hip-hop p.o.v., though.