wire watchers who stay in baldimore--roll call

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
i'm sorry to start another wire thread, but i'm really curious about wire fans who either stay in charm city or have spended a lot of time there. and if so, rep your area.

Comments

• i'm sorry to start another wire thread, but i'm really curious about wire fans who either stay in charm city or have spended a lot of time there. and if so, rep your area.

PRESENT.

But make no mistake...I live in Hampden, not Penrose/Fayette.

The show is genius, and it really captures the city in such surprisingly realistic ways. Our former mayor and soon-to-be-governor (who I generally like) reportedly refuses to watch the show--maybe crimestat hits a little too close to home for him?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    That 3rd season box treating you alright, huh?

• Lived there for about 4 years from 2000 to 2004. Havent seen much of the wire because I lack HBO but from what Ive seen I really like (asked for season 1 for my b-day).

One of my Proffessors played an attourney on the Wire in (I think) the first season. Definitely recognize alot of the spots. Baltimore is pretty notorious for the drugs and crime and crazy people, but It doesnt seem that bad If you live there for a while (*EDIT* after thinking back I might change my mind on this, really depends on the area) Ive worked in a couple of the public schools and they are hectic, but once you can get the kids to pay attention to you they can be pretty awesome kids.

Definitly miss Getting drunk and painting graff, Djing at TaxLo at the Talking Head(heard they are closing down!) and Lexington Market Fried Chicken (cant be beat)

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    born and raised around mount royal...

whats better is all the former baltimore big-wigs that are actors on the show.

kurt schmoke (former city mayor) = one of royce's advisors in season three
    ed norris (former police commissioner) = homicide detective

• kurt schmoke (former city mayor) = one of royce's advisors in season three

Yep--this was actually a little simon/burns season 3 wink to the local audience since schmoke was essentially laughed out of town after raising drug legalization/decriminalization as a possible solution to Baltimore's problems in the 80s.