Is it b-boy to boost (wax)?

joaobossajoaobossa 128 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
have you ever run into this attitude that boosting records is okay in certain situations?

Comments

• are you talking from stores, or from other b-boys?

• i think it all depends on the situation. If they are going to get stolen/thrown out/took by someone less deserving then I would say its all good. The last records I stole were from the back closet at of a radio station that were pretty tight. If I didn't take them they would have gotten tossed or someone else would have taken them.

The station did not use vinyl if that matters either.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yeah i kind of frown upon boosting records. Its one thing if like dude was saying about promos and shit from radio, that will just get tossed if not scooped up. But going over your mans house and shoving a bunch of lps in your jacket is so

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i will concur with LOW END THEORY'S hypothesis
    However
    stealing in any guise is still wrong and subliminally you will erode what charecter you didn't even know you had or eventually wound up missing
    even thogh its records you have to check the old

"would i want this to happen to me rule"

it's like cheating on your wife or girl,sure you can do it and its fun and
    you can always justify it

"my wife put on 50 llbs after our second child and i am sick of hittin that played out pussy"
    or
    "Oh it was just a blowjob" or "Men are built differently then women,etc etc"

imho-when you do PETTY illict shit it subliminally eats away at the dark recess' of your personality day after day and very sneakily and slyly degenerates your strength as a "Good" person?

on the other hand
    if you can get away with boosting mad rarer.......especially breaks from a sucker
    then you must -by all means necessary

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    is [it] okay in certain situations?
    Yes: When one has mouths to feed.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    We need Dee Rock up in this with some tales.

• it subliminally eats away at the dark recess' of your personality...on the other hand
    if you can get away with boosting mad rarer.......especially breaks from a sucker
    then you must -by all means necessary

Yo, this definitely happened to me.

Cat had one crate of rock records, and he weren't no DJ or a collector neither. I was only at dude's house for about half an hour, never met him before, but whenever the music subject came up, he was taking every opportunity to belittle, deride, and generally slander hip-hop with a little too much zeal.

Then I look through the crate, all rock except for three hip-hop platters:

Born To Mack, Bum Rush The Show, and 911 Is A Joke. (I'm talkin' all three never played)

He said he thought Too Short and PE were funny because they were politically incorrect and therefore had some kind of fetish shock value.

When I left, 911 Is A Joke was the only one still in there.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Is it b-boy to boost (wax)?

- spidey

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    breaks from a sucker

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    have you ever run into this attitude that boosting records is okay in certain situations?

Steve?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Steve?

• Is it b-boy to boost (wax)?

- spidey

rascist? hmmm... not from my point of view, coz i know b-boys of every ethnicity. but maybe you have your own agenda and only consider (a) specific race(s) to be truly down...