how do you deal with assholes?

2»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

i'm not sure if you were joking, but you should see its obviously a metaphor for
    doing something you shouldn't then trying to act like you didn't want to do it in
    the first place.

• i'm not sure if you were joking, but you should see its obviously a metaphor for
    doing something you shouldn't then trying to act like you didn't want to do it in
    the first place.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

"Can you play some Phil Collins?"

• subsub 311 Posts
    last time i was dj at some students party i was playing the roots "seed" and some guy come to me and asked me to play some hip hop.

• Although my biggest problem with DJing as of late at this one small bar shingaling have a weekly at is people getting crazy drunk and getting wild and bumpin' the turntables..

but my new thing as of late is to try and point someone out who is on the other side of the room, and saying "I dont have that, but that dude might have it, he will be DJing in a little bit". As they make their way to the other side of the room, interupt dude talking, and then get a crazy look when they ask the question to the person, they are usually too embarrassed or get the hint that they dont come back..

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    last time i was dj at some students party i was playing the roots "seed" and some guy come to me and asked me to play some hip hop.

I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• On another note, has anyone ever seen a really bad DJ with cheezy lighting who just plays this new wave of so called "electro" shit in a womans shirt (so you can see their hairy stomach )dancing like a fucking dunce and not doing anything besides playing CD's and they make you a very upset boy so much that you have to quickly leave just so you don't go ape shit on them?
    sorry homie i dont frequent gay bars.

No shit, I wish this was exclusive to gay bars but I'm finding it more and more common that these DJs are getting gigs, Is this just In Australia? does everyone know what I'm talking about when I say this new wave electro like this presets shit or something? it seems the more I go out, to places that would normally be semi okay, some arsehole is dancing in a womans shirt behind CD players to this shit.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    On another note, has anyone ever seen a really bad DJ with cheezy lighting who just plays this new wave of so called "electro" shit in a womans shirt (so you can see their hairy stomach )dancing like a fucking dunce and not doing anything besides playing CD's and they make you a very upset boy so much that you have to quickly leave just so you don't go ape shit on them?
    sorry homie i dont frequent gay bars.

No shit, I wish this was exclusive to gay bars but I'm finding it more and more common that these DJs are getting gigs, Is this just In Australia? does everyone know what I'm talking about when I say this new wave electro like this presets shit or something? it seems the more I go out, to places that would normally be semi okay, some arsehole is dancing in a womans shirt behind CD players to this shit.

dressed like this?

Its fucking rampant in melbourne too man.

Yeah, its not really "electro", in the traditional sense either. Its no-talent house music with bleeps and a fashion-sensitive attitude.

• fucking aye, that's it!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Is this just In Australia?

I'm afraid so, friend.

• Is this just In Australia?

I'm afraid so, friend.

No, this is quite a relief, now to get the fuck outta here.

• You engage in 5 page race threads with them. That's how I deal.

• but my new thing as of late is to try and point someone out who is on the other side of the room, and saying "I dont have that, but that dude might have it, he will be DJing in a little bit". As they make their way to the other side of the room, interupt dude talking, and then get a crazy look when they ask the question to the person, they are usually too embarrassed or get the hint that they dont come back..

that is a great idea. i'm using that next time.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts

I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Thats some funny shit. I was thinking the same thing. heheheh

• I always say "I don't take requests" unless it's a private party then I come with the "I didn't bring that - sorry, but thanks for coming."

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I had this problem last night. I had at least 5 people come up and tell me they were really enjoying the night, asking me for business cards, cds, ect. This one drunk rich twat, was all up in my business, looking through my laptop, distracting me, and I told her straight up... this aint Karaoke, and I don't get paid enough to deal with people like her. after that i just ignored her and the manager asked her to leave me alone. Then, she went off about how it was HER birthday, and we should play something more sexy. Then, I started playing music that I knew would annoy her. She then threatened to take her Billion dollar, client, and "potential investor" elsewhere...

• can we start a thread that we regularly update with our weekly NAGL requests? :5pager:

• i would love to scream on these people! i haven't had too many people tell me that they didn't like what i was playing though. i did have one chick say "play something we can dance to, bitch!" bitch? usually the people that request something to dance to, just came off the dancefloor after 10 minutes of dancing to dance music. this dumbass wanted me to play some dave mathews band or bruce springsteen! to dance to? what the? i usually tell them i will play it or that i didn't bring it, but people don't usually come out their face like that to me. of course i am 6 foot 6 and 250 pounds and i sport a scowl so they usually cower in fear. like good little herbs.

what i hate is the "wicky wicky" hand jive. the "air scratching" that these meatheads come up and pretend to do over your decks! for some reason they think its funny. like if they were at work trying to sell a used car to some client and i came up and pretended to sell them a used car. that would be fucking hilarious! maybe they'd get the point.

playing records is fun.

• i find that if i don't drink, i get more agg and am more prone to yell at a fucker. i think i should get a mag light, just in case a clown wants to test.

i'm gonna try this "nod, smile and thumbs up" approach to all requests, so they'll just go away.

also, will be debuting $10 per request (* $20 per instant request) tip jar for 2007. it works on dudes trying to impress chicks. not so much on the ladies.

• I Then, I started playing music that I knew would annoy her.
    Ice Cube- I Ain't Tha One?

• i find that if i don't drink, i get more agg and am more prone to yell at a fucker. i think i should get a mag light, just in case a clown wants to test.

i'm gonna try this "nod, smile and thumbs up" approach to all requests, so they'll just go away.

also, will be debuting $10 per request (* $20 per instant request) tip jar for 2007. it works on dudes trying to impress chicks. not so much on the ladies.

someone once waved $10 in my face asking me "how much hip hop will this buy me?" you know what was on when he asked? stetsasonic-talkin all that jazz.

i took the money and said i'd put on 50 cent next. needless to say that didn't happen. but i made sure to dedicate the next romeo void tune to him over the PA.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    my friend actually used to only take requests if they wrote it on a dollarbill.

• what i hate is the "wicky wicky" hand jive. the "air scratching" that these meatheads come up and pretend to do over your decks! for some reason they think its funny.

I wasn't bothered by it, but this happened to me at my last DJ gig - two guys pretending to "wicky wicky" the turntables while I'm doing my thing. On top of that, one of the guys was seriously egging me on to do it myself! The tripped-out part was that the music we were playing didn't even call for that, so where in the world did that come from? Hip-hop turntable techniques at a vintage soul & funk show??

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i had this sausage neck dude come up a few weeks ago and ask me to play "staying alive" ... he was met with an immediate ice grill. so then he says, "I'll give you $100 to play it." he plops down a c-note on the mixer and i proceeded to the itunes site. I'll play anything for $100...just sayin.

• i had this sausage neck dude come up a few weeks ago and ask me to play "staying alive" ... he was met with an immediate ice grill. so then he says, "I'll give you $100 to play it." he plops down a c-note on the mixer and i proceeded to the itunes site. I'll play anything for $100...just sayin.

I'd have done it for $20. I got bills.

I had a dude tell me I was playing too much old music. I was playing 80's and 90's stuff. So I ask him what he wants to hear. He thinks for a second and says, "The Bee Gees" I looked at him and did not say anything. What a fucking dumb ass.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i had this sausage neck dude come up a few weeks ago and ask me to play "staying alive" ... he was met with an immediate ice grill. so then he says, "I'll give you $100 to play it." he plops down a c-note on the mixer and i proceeded to the itunes site. I'll play anything for $100...just sayin.

he overpaid. can i get a

• I started a rock night a couple weeks ago...I show a concert/film on a big screen(I get to sit down for two hours and not have to DJ, great idea huh?) then I play records...anywho last week after a 90 minute Judas Priest concert from 1983 and then after about a half-hour of stuff like Venom and Motorhead...a chick who had been there ALL night asked "you have any house or trance"? I just looked at her like she had a fern growing out of the side of her head...then last night I showed the MC5 documentary(2 hours) and right after I played T-Rex "The Groover" another girl who had been there ALL night asked "you have any drum and bass"? I just laughed. These techno folks are some patient motherfuckers.

• i had this sausage neck dude come up a few weeks ago and ask me to play "staying alive" ... he was met with an immediate ice grill. so then he says, "I'll give you $100 to play it." he plops down a c-note on the mixer and i proceeded to the itunes site. I'll play anything for $100...just sayin.

wow!

i like the write the idea of writing down your requests down on dolla billz. good one.