WEEKDAY COMEUPS QUIZ STYLE.......LOL!

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
pics from this week.... now YOU guess what is what, nothing too raer! here goes:1- 2- 3- 4- 5- 6- 7-

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    pics from this week.... now YOU guess what is what, nothing too raer!

3-

James Brown - Sho is funky down here

that's all i got.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    1 - Triangle S/T

• 6-

]

I have no Idea about any of them (except the JB one) but I??m loving this picture.

- J

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    1 - Triangle S/T

very good sir, you know your frenchness, nice record btw!

1-0 DJFerrari

I have no Idea about any of them (except the JB one) but I??m loving this picture.

- J

yeah you are right about JB but you have to name the title of the album to get a point dawg...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

- J

yeah you are right about JB but you have to name the title of the album to get a point dawg...

i already did! check above.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

6-

]

- J

This one is familiar, but I can't seem to place it. It'll be a doh! moment when someone does.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

5-

Louie Ramirez In the Heart of Spanish Harlem.

pics from this week.... now YOU guess what is what, nothing too raer!

3-

James Brown - Sho is funky down here

that's all i got.

oops sorry

1-0 bluesnag

i highly recommend this album, then again you cant go wrong with JB.... although it really dosent sound much like your average JB outing, more fuzzy !!!

5-

Louie Ramirez In the Heart of Spanish Harlem.

right on the money holmes!

good boogaloo joint

1-0 faux_rillz

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

i highly recommend this album..then again you cant go wrong with JB.... although it really dosent sound much like your average JB outing, more fuzzy !!!
    I thought this was a David Matthews record, only with JB's name endorsing it.

i highly recommend this album..then again you cant go wrong with JB.... although it really dosent sound much like your average JB outing, more fuzzy !!!

it dosent say who plays on it, although im under the impression that JB plays the (very) fuzzed out organ..... is this with the Grodeck band or something... f*ck im loving this album!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

is this with the Grodeck band or something...
    Me think so.

it dosent say who plays on it, although im under the impression that JB plays the (very) fuzzed out organ..... is this with the Grodeck band or something... f*ck im loving this album!

if anyone has a link to what actually goes on on this please post it!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

What is the difference between these 2 albums? I heard they're pretty much the same.

More info on David Matthews here (although not that much with JB):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Matthews_(keyboardist)

Best bet is to check the Wax Poetics interview with him. Very interesting.

What is the difference between these 2 albums? I heard they're pretty much the same.

More info on David Matthews here (although not that much with JB):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Matthews_(keyboardist)

Best bet is to check the Wax Poetics interview with him. Very interesting.

well they both pretty f*ckin dope, the whipperjenny is more psych rockish and has a few strings in places also, the Funky Down Here is a little different its straight instrumental small group and has the freaky hapsicord sounding fuzzzorgan through out, a little more JB funky musicwise, still different from other Jb releases though...

so heres a little audio hint, a track from one of those not pinned yet!

after acouple of xmas beers this shit sounds aawright:

http://download.yousendit.com/9887C4564D8BE576

(hi Grope)