Puma Clydes (RR)

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
RR = rhyme-related Can anyone think of any examples where Puma Clydes have been referred to in rhymes? I'm coming up completely dry. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• pknypkny 549 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    do you work for puma?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Nah, I'm just trying to help out a friend who's writing a piece on Clydes for the Sunday Times.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    You eXit, X-off, but what you really get:
    A box of Newports, and Puma sweats ("Damn!")

-pete nice, gas face

• "wearin light blue Pumas, a whole lotta gold" --LL Cool J "I Can't Live Without My Radio" (those Jew-Man light blue dyed Pumas were the SCHITT back in the dayz)

check some MC Shan lyrics from his 1st album I guess maybe

that about it

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    the reason i ask is my roommate works for puma and they always have him write these extra credit essays on the clydes.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Thanks. There doesn't seem to be any direct reference to Clydes, but I guess that, if you were talking about Pumas on record back then, it would have been clear to whoever was listening that you meant Clydes.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    The Bridge Is Over :"You're better off talkin bout your wack Puma sneaker "

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    We've just released part one of our Crooked Clydes over here... 'money green'/black, with a lime midsole. The grey/maroons are out in January... and then the orange ones drop shortly after. We'll be staging a b-boy/Beat Street-themed event in London in Jan 07 to coincide with the next drop.

As for Clyde music references, we used K-Solo's 'Sneak Tip' on a video montage I put together of skate video clips for the Puma Clyde feature on CT - I can't remember exactly if he mentions the term 'Clyde' or not.