Marius Cultier

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
so I have the Baby Ouah 45 on Parade and I love it - what else is good? I know the Place des Arts LP is sought after, but I've never heard it. Is it similar in style? And isn't there a few more LPs - how are they?

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i know of at least 5 lp's by cultier.
    i really dig "the way" on magidisco- very rootsy sound w/ a bit of the electronics but not quite as slick as some of the others. classy stuff.

the s/t on fiesta is cool too but a bit more poppy than straight caribbean latin.

hope that helps.

• so I have the Baby Ouah 45 on Parade and I love it - what else is good? I know the Place des Arts LP is sought after, but I've never heard it. Is it similar in style? And isn't there a few more LPs - how are they?

Ouelele Souskai on FIESTA

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    so I have the Baby Ouah 45 on Parade and I love it - what else is good? I know the Place des Arts LP is sought after, but I've never heard it. Is it similar in style? And isn't there a few more LPs - how are they?

Ouelele Souskai on FIESTA

Yeah, I remember hearing a sound clip some time ago on a japanese site. Nice jazz dancer, it will certainly appeal to the nujazz fans. Anyone have a mp3 they're willing to share?

250 Euro....
    http://www.cdandlp.com/product/1/109154853/marius-cultier-ouelele-souskai.html

• coco boogaloo is

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i know of at least 5 lp's by cultier.
    i really dig "the way" on magidisco- very rootsy sound w/ a bit of the electronics but not quite as slick as some of the others. classy stuff.

the s/t on fiesta is cool too but a bit more poppy than straight caribbean latin.

hope that helps.

i meant transworld on the S/T, not fiesta.

ouelele soskai is cool... i like a couple of the straighter tunes on it but i'd have to say that i thought it was a bit too slick and overproduced at points-- less interested in a fusion lp and more in the roots. Coco boogaloo is the shit.

• Coco boogaloo is the shit.

and the 45 that sooks already has. these two are the essential marius cultier records.

i am currently batting 0 for 2. i'll trade marius cultier lp's for either of those
    45's, hit me up!!

[email]liptonwhitaker@yahoo.com[/email]