Hayward California Pot Club Raided. 'bout time

OldschoolspinnaOldschoolspinna 311 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
OK..Im a Medical Marijuana User, and I support its use for WHATEVER but, the Co-op that got raided was like "New Jack City".Takin over The Carter and shit.That leaves one open club that helps people feel better, not serves drug dealers.Peace for now, Peace for later

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    got a link? I hear what your saying though. that is abusing the idea and the design of medical marijuana. Its not there for some co-op growers making tons of money off some shit that they have the ability to grow and clone with no risk or no real overhead. After you grow a few strong/quality "mother plants" plants you just take clippings and can produce rooms full of little plants with the same genetics that yield a big amount. so it really doesn't cost them a lot at all to maintain and distribute it a big amount. And i think with the co ops don't they even get government assistance? They were probably making dumb money to out of staters and dealers in the area.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    We all know that a certain spot on San Pablo has always been where it's at for mary jane anyways.

• Berzerkly is always going to be open, they do for the people.

Not to mention Santa Cruz made it all but legal to smoke and posses grass, Lowest crime on the docks, ALMOST not inforced.

Parking is a bigger problem in Santa Cruz.

The us gov is gonna lose on this one, it just a matter of when.

Pot was almost legal in the 70s under Carter, and it WILL be legal in my lifetime.

Peace and Love from California

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Berzerkly is always going to be open, they do for the people.

Not to mention Santa Cruz made it all but legal to smoke and posses grass, Lowest crime on the docks, ALMOST not inforced.

The us gov is gonna lose on this one, it just a matter of when.

Pot was almost legal in the 70s under Carter, and it WILL be legal in my lifetime.

Peace and Love from California

Everyone knows that old people vote more than other younger people. I figure when I'm old, in 50 years or so, my generation will vote to make it legal if it doesn't happen before then. It's already undergoing serious decriminalitazation as the flower children of the 60s become part of the oldest generation. Give it 15 years or so, when someone who was in their twenties in 1965 will finally be in his or her early eighties.

I just know too many people from college who still like to take a puff now and again. And it's not like I run with hippies. I avoid them.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Parking Arresting people for feeding meters is a bigger problem in Santa Cruz.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    come to Holland... its very medical over here.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    come to Holland... its very medical over there.

Parking Arresting people for feeding meters 8 stabbings downtown on Haloween is a bigger problem in Santa Cruz.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Berzerkly

That is an awesome name for a pot club.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    how are they with the weed in LA? do they bust your ass because of it? or is it one of those shrug off things?

• how are they with the weed in LA? do they bust your ass because of it? or is it one of those shrug off things?

Pretty much anywhere in Cali. you can smoke in peace.

Some small towns and backward ass cops can throw a kink in that, but for the most part, if you get stopped by a cop, and your holding, it will get taken away, and you will be let go.

If you want you meds back , you have to goto court with proper ID (Medical MJ Card), and you get your pot back.

Cops have been taking a beating over the last couple of years for snagging peoples meds, so that happens less and less now.

But.....if your out on the streets living the "Thuglife" smokin and rollin down the Ave, being stupid......you will go to jail in California.

Now and later, Biatches

• how are they with the weed in LA? do they bust your ass because of it? or is it one of those shrug off things?

Pretty much anywhere in Cali. you can smoke in peace.

Some small towns and backward ass cops can throw a kink in that, but for the most part, if you get stopped by a cop, and your holding, it will get taken away, and you will be let go.

If you want you meds back , you have to goto court with proper ID (Medical MJ Card), and you get your pot back.

Cops have been taking a beating over the last couple of years for snagging peoples meds, so that happens less and less now.

But.....if your out on the streets living the "Thuglife" smokin and rollin down the Ave, being stupid......you will go to jail in California.

Now and later, Biatches

Cosign on this (at least from what I've read). The thing to remember about MM, is that it is still illegal on a federal level, even though several states have legalized it on their levels, which creates a lot of tension and confusion in regards to enforcement. So in many places, it kinda depends on who is the chief of police, or the sheriff of the county, and how they want to deal with it. And last I read about the LA Sheriff dept. was they didn't want to waste too many resources and time on a non-criminal offense. Can't speak on the LAPD though...

• This may not have been one of my smartest moves thus far in life, but heres what It was.

I fired up a joint on the street in Downtown San francisco.
    Across market street from the bart station, within 25 yards of 5 motorcycle police.

As a test ya know.

Nothing happened to me, people passed by and did they bug eye thing (tourists), some people gave the thumbs up.
    As for the cops, I did get a look or two, but nothing more than just to see where the smoke was comming from.

I wasnt waving it around dancing and screaming, I was quietly Medicating myself.

So thats the tail, I cant say it would go the same EVERYWHERE in Cali, but if you use your head, (Medical MJ Card) or not, youll be fine.

We need a Paul Harvey Graemlin....Cuz "now you know the rest of the story"

Goooood Day