DFA APPRECIATION

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
These dudes are rocking the shit out of me. I dont know what I should call their style, alternative house ?? No clue. I just can say that they are doing very dope hypnotic discoid soundscapes with brilliant arrangements and a perfect ear for atmospheres. And I dig their style of doing percussions like they would have been recorded in a small kitchen or some other shitty room. I couldnt found the cover of the blue issue. On their is the Remix to "In a State" from Unkle. DFA made a trancelike song out of it. Great.PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    post-punk revival disco

most of their remixes are on point. they single handedly brought back and then destroyed blue oyster cult's MO.

i hated the jt mix at first, but it kinda grew on me. bassline is

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    "electroclash" was the first term, but that's been officially buried by the very journalists that invented and used the term feverishly in 2002.

I like their rmx of Junior Senior and The Rapture's "Echoes". Traces of ESG in their style.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    HIghly recommend these compiliations by DFA, which include the juan mclean, black dice, lcd soundsystem,etc.,etc....etc.

• DFA is dope- 99 records for the ipod/blogster generation!