ad agencies' fake blog hyping psp

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
i think fake blogging may be dumber than fake finds or fake bidding http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/2006/12/sony_gets_rippe.html
Sony gets ripped for a bogus PSP blogAll I Want for Christmas Is a PSP pretends to be a fan blog (run by a guy named ???Charlie,??? who says he???s helping his buddy Jeremy get a PSP for Christmas), but it???s a poorly disguised marketing effort???the URL is registered to Zipatoni. Visitors to the site are letting Sony have it in the comments. Says one: ???If you want a PSP badly enough you should get together with an ad agency. Then try to sell the product through a lame website while attempting to speak down to what you consider your target audience.??? Even more comical: ???Charlie??? keeps posting his denials, in pseudo hip-hop speak. More than once he writes, ???yo where all u hatas com from... juz cuz you aint feelin the flow of PSP dun mean its sum mad faek website or summ... youall be trippin.???[/b]
hilarious/pathetic that they denied it even though the domain registration proves otherwiseum, is anyone feelin the flow of the PSP?

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Yo, I be fillin' itt!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    omg psp iz da bomb fuk u hataz lol!11!

• here's the blog. check it out it's hilarious

http://www.alliwantforxmasisapsp.com/blog/

our boy Cousin Pete 'rapped up these crazy beatz and rhymes & put them under our tree! much luv and thx, pete.

http://www.alliwantforxmasisapsp.com/blog/default.aspx?id=2&t=holiday-hitz-volume-2#postcomments

• omg psp iz da bomb fuk u hataz lol!11!

ALERT ALERT! MARKY LATENCY IS NOW ABUSING HIS MODERATEUOR POWERS BY HI-JACKING OTHER PEOPLE'S ACCOUNTS!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I love my PSP! I can download movies from my computer onto my PSP and watch them anywhere! It has really cool games too, like that new Mortal Kombat game - it's so cool! FATALITY! LOL

What I REALLY love though is how you can get on the internet with it - you can't do that with the DS! Ha! I get to talk all over the intertubes while you DS n00bz can run home crying.

I LOVE MY PSP!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    i think fake blogging may be dumber than fake finds or fake bidding

What about bungee blogging?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    das psp is extra wack. playstation has been fucking up for quite some time.

• dammm Yo lOOks LikE we BEen HatED ON!

I emailed and called Sony to complain. I promise I will introduce legislation to fix this problem.

Comment By Nancy Pelosi At 12/11/2006 3:35 PM

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Man I hate to say this, but I was just mentioning to my wife the other night how I barely even fuck with mine any more. I actually have more fun playing Yoshi on my kids DS.
    I think the PSP is dying for real.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Man I hate to say this, but I was just mentioning to my wife the other night how I barely even fuck with mine any more. I actually have more fun playing Yoshi on my kids DS.

[nerdinout]i had one for a quick minute and every single game sucked. madden was no dice. it froze up after every 3rd down. i never understodd the appeal of using it to browse the internets. i read this big report that between the failure of the psp and how lackluster the ps3 is playstation is dropping the ball.[/nerdinout]

i have more fun with a bottle of ketle one. i need to work on a new mixtape...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    DS IS THE TRUTH
    WORLDWIDE WIRELESS BOMBERMAN

• dayday 9,611 Posts

[nerdinout]yo I will say, I "hacked" mine and have a full Nintendo built in with every game you can think of (SMB, Mike Tyson's Punchout, Zelda, etc), put a drum machine in that bitch, it plays MP3s, movies, games and the intertron and STILL, something just aint right. I don't know, but I think I might be getting to old for that shit. [/nerdinout]

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dude
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=aydosSnFS94
    ds used as wireless midi controller

Sony has to use off the wall ad techniques like this though cause they took a beating on the psp. That whole UMD thing they tried pushing failed miserberily and i think they were banking on that to take off. Shit isnt selling. I like it, my pops has one and when i go back home to visit i mess with it. I dunno though man the older i get the more and more video games are appealing, i think mpcs and production software became my "videogames" so the systems just bore me for the most part.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    SHIT! I asked for a PSP for xmas! does it really suck that bad??? it looked like it could play cool looking games where I can shoot people.

oh goddamit. I don't want a DS. I don't want to play cute games. I want to shoot people!!!!

• hahahaha, seriously. i like how the guy modeling the PSp iron-on t-shirt pretending to be friends of the blogger is on the Zipatoni home page as a marketing consultant.

what were they thinking? sony always has the most annoying ads for their game systems. i hated seeing these all over my neighborhood:

viral marketing is so incredibly lame

• SHIT! I asked for a PSP for xmas! does it really suck that bad???

I've had one for a while now and they don't suck, but the games seem to lack that "Just one more go..." factor.
    I think Sony messed up by not puttting 2 analog sticks on it as using the buttons is weak, especially when playing a FPS.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    fucking pathetic.

a bullshit campaign that was designed from the get-go to decieve the consumer.

what a pack of dickheads.

• is that the new El-P???

• what a pack of dickheads.

who could forget this one too

• cascas 1,484 Posts

what a pack of dickheads.

whoa. is that a really real ad?

• what a pack of dickheads.

whoa. is that a really real ad?

yeah it was in the Netherlands. Sony eventually pulled it cause it pissed everyone off

http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/12/sony-pulls-psp-white-is-coming-ads-in-netherlands/

• the only shit that might save this thing is metal gear. other than that psp is poop.

I got a ds for the train to work and playing mario kart and tetris with my girl. That thing is alot of fun.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

yeah it was in the Netherlands. Sony eventually pulled it cause it pissed everyone off

jesus. i completly missed this as well. and i live in the netherlands. and i pay attention to this kind of thing.

obviously not enough...

which agency was responsible for that little gem?

• which agency was responsible for that little gem?

i dunno. but they are retarded

here's an update on that fake blog. zipatoni just deleted the stupid rap video entry that had over 1000 comments from people telling them how lame SonyCorp & Zipatoni are and swearing never to buy a Sony product again. And they finally admitted the site was a fake at the top

Busted. Nailed. Snagged. As many of you have figured out (maybe our speech was a little too funky fresh???), Peter isn't a real hip-hop maven and this site was actually developed by Sony. Guess we were trying to be just a little too clever. From this point forward, we will just stick to making cool products, and use this site to give you nothing but the facts on the PSP.

Sony Computer Entertainment America

ironically, the FTC just made a move on Monday to make this type of marketing illegal!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/11/AR2006121101389.html

• slushslush 691 Posts

I think the only argument I ever got into on soulstrut was with you regarding the PSP and the DS. I was hating the PSP to the best of my hatability, but got shot down

glad to see you turned around!

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I can't comment on Zipatoni or I could get fired, but I can say I hate fake advertising "graffiti."

I like what Adidas did here:

http://www.woostercollective.com/2006/03/adidas_gets_it_right_with_adicolor.html

They at least gave it some thought and put a twist on it.