Let's Get It On vs. What's Goin On

2»

Comments

• the rawest emotion filled album cover EVAR!

don't even debate it, just accept

i aint debatin or hatin, but he STILL, to me,looks like a homeless person having an epileptic fit in that picture

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    I'm bringing other albums into this:

I can't find a link verifying its existence beyond a vague DGA placeholder, but I read a review in MOJO magazine for a Deluxe, 2-cd edition of MG's "In Our Lifetime?" album while at my local bookstore during lunch.

Note that the question mark, initally left off the title by Motown against Gaye's wishes, is restored in this edition.

According to the review (3 Stars), the album showcases what constitutes 3 different versions of Gaye's last album on Motown. If sequenced correctly, one can hear what the unreleased "Love Man" album was before it was cobbled into the IOL? album.

Anybody got this as a promo or seen this in stores yet? ...and when is there gonna be a deluxe "Here, My Dear" set?

SG

• excessive abuse of "Let's Get It On" makes it harder to enjoy that song

thats the way i felt about "what's going on" at one point

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I read a review in MOJO magazine for a Deluxe, 2-cd edition of MG's "In Our Lifetime?" album while at my local bookstore during lunch. Anybody got this as a promo or seen this in stores yet? ...and when is there gonna be a deluxe "Here, My Dear" set?

Here My Dear? has been cleaned up but a Deluxe Version would make me piss on myself.
    Theyre gonna have to give up the good from the vault on that on. Alternate vocal version of "Is That Enough"

Oh yeah. I chooses Let's Get It On, even though What's Goin On changed Motown and how its artists were treated.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I read a review in MOJO magazine for a Deluxe, 2-cd edition of MG's "In Our Lifetime?" album while at my local bookstore during lunch.

OK I NEED THIS.

one of my favorite marvin albums.

Deluxe, 2-cd edition of MG's "In Our Lifetime?" album

Has anyone seen this yet?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    WGO is not only a great album in its own right, but it also has massive historical significance.

just look at the post WGO Gordy catalog alone (Temptations, Four Tops etc.).

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    For me, WGO = sadness / regret / fear / cynicism / harsh realism / longing for the world to be a better place.

LGIO = love / lust / emotion / joy / desire / intimacy / longing for that one person who can make a dark world seem a little brighter.

It's an even draw because they go hand in hand, yin and yang.

WGO is not only a great album in its own right, but it also has massive historical significance.

just look at the post WGO Gordy catalog alone (Temptations, Four Tops etc.).

What's Goin On changed Motown and how its artists were treated.

Let's Get It On = Black Love Politics.....???

I think you're going over the heads of many crack rappers here.

Moving on, What's Going On has a very introspective feel to it that I appreciate.

And Let's Get It On doesnt?

• i have a tom moulton 11 min. remix from the og masters of whats going on that will blow your mind.
    not sure if its ever being released but...entire string section is solo'd. amazing.

i have a tom moulton 11 min. remix from the og masters of whats going on that will blow your mind.
    not sure if its ever being released but...entire string section is solo'd. amazing.

Extended style or some Remix for the Kids?

• remix...meaning completely different from what we all know and love. nothing new is added.i wouldnt say its a re-edit cuz it really isnt. he has the masters. all the parts. do wahtca like.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Instant decision , didn't have to think twice.

In my Top Ten of all time.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i have a tom moulton 11 min. remix from the og masters of whats going on that will blow your mind.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    remix...meaning completely different from what we all know and love. nothing new is added.i wouldnt say its a re-edit cuz it really isnt. he has the masters. all the parts. do wahtca like.
    jesus. ysi

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    remix...meaning completely different from what we all know and love. nothing new is added.i wouldnt say its a re-edit cuz it really isnt. he has the masters. all the parts. do wahtca like.
    jesus. ysi

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    bump