Weekend Li-berry

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Cross post warning....some of these aren't weird records that suck.Friend flew in and we're going to tonights Cowboys-Saints game......since I know we're gonna kill his Saints we went to do some digging so his trip wasn't a total bust.....here are some of the goodies we split...

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    you got some good ones there rich.
    don't know much about library records but recognize a handful.
    cool to see the photos of all these, though.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    WOW! I need that electric bananna.

I got a handfull of decent canadian libraries over the weekend myself.

Golden Ring Sound Music 2, 5, & 6
    Programme Music - On the Side of the Angles

along w/ a sealed Marva Whitney - It's My Thing.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    WOW! I need that electric bananna.

I got a handfull of decent canadian libraries over the weekend myself.

Golden Ring Sound Music 2, 5, & 6
    Programme Music - On the Side of the Angles

along w/ a sealed Marva Whitney - It's My Thing.

The Banana is in my buddy's pile....and he also got the Hot Licks which is also the Pretty Things......stayed up til almost sunrise listening to this stuff....was a blast!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Man, a lot of those covers are sick.

• A find like that deserves a little background story (if you can do so without revealing your secret spots).

• Is that like a dollar bin come up or did you pay the going rate for those??? That's a helluva li-berry haul you got right there.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    WTF! did these come from Dallas?

and I though I found some good shit this weekend... here it goes :

< well kinda

c'mon vneck & icon...

• wow! you one lucky s.o.b. it's taken me 8 years and alot of cash to get those.
    peace, stein. . .

• grahamgraham 201 Posts

how much does this one go for these days..

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    we're going to tonights Cowboys-Saints game......since I know we're gonna kill his Saints

Halftime and the Aints are rolling!

Is that like a dollar bin come up or did you pay the going rate for those??? That's a helluva li-berry haul you got right there.

They were come-ups for sure......I'll tell the story after I go through all of them....it was a sick collection.

• Man, that is like most of the libraries that are any good right there. No Stringtronics or KPM's though? BOO!

• since I know we're gonna kill his Saints

• along w/ a sealed Marva Whitney - It's My Thing.

nice!

since I know we're gonna kill his Saints

We had a blast though.....and having lost a bet I had to change out of my Cowboys sweatshirt into a Drew Brees Jersey right there in the stands in the 4th quarter.

I may be banned from Texas Stadium for life!!!

I'm a damn good host though......sending my friend home this morning with a Win AND Library records!!!!!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    well, it's a nice collection that you accumulated over the time...I know it took you more than one day.LOL. I've "killed" a couple of those volumes, especially those DeWolfe (easy to come by around my way). Anyway, here's my last finds (purchased in one day since there's some rejects) :

well, it's a nice collection that you accumulated over the time...I know it took you more than one day.LOL.

.......these are just part of a much larger collection that I got in to just last week............. 400+ Lp's in one shot.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    well, it's a nice collection that you accumulated over the time...I know it took you more than one day.LOL.

.......these are just part of a much larger collection that I got in to just last week............. 400+ Lp's in one shot.

have you and scott started sampling any of them for your upcoming beat compilation?

have you and scott started sampling any of them for your upcoming beat compilation?

You better believe it.....

DJ Trophy Club & The Vaporizer

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    WOW...then you're a lucky bastard then...because it took me at least 4 years to find some of those volumes. There's literally nothing left for me in DeWolfe.LOL. BUt i see you got some nice Euro volumes that i wish to put my needles on...Sounds like Christmas is there for you.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

You better believe it.....

DJ Trophy Club & The Vaporizer

these dudes are

check for their release next spring on the new post Heitkotter born-again Rockadelic offshoot label:
    Monkey Nugget Enterprizesz

• iconicon 86 Posts
    WTF! did these come from Dallas?

and I though I found some good shit this weekend... here it goes :

c'mon vneck & icon...

Northern soul and garage 45 dig off with brothers McRehash:

Rockadelic sloppy 2nds, should have known there was much better stuff already taken:

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    northern? yo take that shit to www.soul-source.co.uk!

• iconicon 86 Posts
    northern? yo take that shit to www.soul-source.co.uk!

Bank

A find like that deserves a little background story (if you can do so without revealing your secret spots).

OK...here's the scoop......

Last Wednesday I was at a 1/2 Price store in Dallas and was walking out empty handed when I noticed a stack of LP's on a cart one of the employees was pushing around the record department. I asked what they were and he said "I don't know, some weird shit that's $2.00 each". I dug through and pulled out 30 DeWolfe & Rouge titles.

As I was checking out the employee said..."We have about 400-500 more in the back". So I called the store the next day and asked if I could go through them if I paid more than the $2.00 they were asking.

My friend and I went there Saturday and pulled about 200 titles and paid DOUBLE the price at $4.00 a piece.

We definitely cherry-picked as we didn't know what they were gonna cost until we were through.

Since we hit them, they have been hit up by at least three different diggers who I know have bought at least 150 more LP's. And I know we left some hot shit behind, which is cool.

Moral of the story is share your digging and spread the wealth. What comes around, goes around and there are at least 5 very happy diggers here in the Metroplex!!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    In need to move to TX.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Nice hauls all around. I have been wanting that Small Group Sounds for a while.

• A find like that deserves a little background story (if you can do so without revealing your secret spots).

OK...here's the scoop......

Last Wednesday I was at a 1/2 Price store in Dallas and was walking out empty handed when I noticed a stack of LP's on a cart one of the employees was pushing around the record department. I asked what they were and he said "I don't know, some weird shit that's $2.00 each". I dug through and pulled out 30 DeWolfe & Rouge titles.

As I was checking out the employee said..."We have about 400-500 more in the back". So I called the store the next day and asked if I could go through them if I paid more than the $2.00 they were asking.

My friend and I went there Saturday and pulled about 200 titles and paid DOUBLE the price at $4.00 a piece.

We definitely cherry-picked as we didn't know what they were gonna cost until we were through.

Since we hit them, they have been hit up by at least three different diggers who I know have bought at least 150 more LP's. And I know we left some hot shit behind, which is cool.

Moral of the story is share your digging and spread the wealth. What comes around, goes around and there are at least 5 very happy diggers here in the Metroplex!!!
    shit you ain't lying I hit it late and I got over 40 crazy titles and I know Libraries.They had just about every type....got mad KPMS,DEWOLFES,AMPHONICS SOUND STAGES,CHAPPELLS,SONOTONS,BRUTONS,JW'S,MAJORS....they had the capitol joints OMNI'S PROGRAMMES it was fucking mad..all 2 and 3 dollars...I just sold all My Library records 2 months ago caus of money issues and then this comes along...wow...never thought it would happen in DFW...Thanks for leaving some dope shit.. REMODE