Microwave DJ Bags

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I don't really like making Christmas lists, but Mom keeps bugging me for one. Every year I'm the last in my fam to give one to her and this year is no exception. I don't really *need* too much 'cause everything I want I usually buy myself, but she won't take "don't buy me nuffing" for an answer.Anyways, I figure I'll throw a reasonably priced Microwave-friendly bag on there since I don't have one. (So far the $7 backpack I bought at Ross has worked just fine.)The Burton bag would be perfect (only $70) but it only fits 15" laptops and mine is 17". What else is out there?Herm

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    you could renew some of your online subscriptions to your favorite sites.

• you could renew some of your online subscriptions to your favorite sites.

Subscription?

Sheeeeeeeeeit. I got Drewn, hoLmes!

Herm

• I got an aluminum attache case a la

at officemax for $50. The ssl box and control records dont fit but the laptop, cords, external hd, and a bunch of my mix cd's with more room available. I also bring a record bag so the ssl box goes in there with emergency vinyl, headphones, and stylus case. I feel the laptop is alot safer than a bag. and it looks

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    some dj's got together and design a series of bags just for ssl.

http://www.headlinerbags.com/

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

Sheeeeeeeeeit. I got Drewn, hoLmes!

Herm

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    some dj's got together and design a series of bags just for ssl.

http://www.headlinerbags.com/

dang... they fly, but $140?!??!?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    has anyone peeped out that shit from mm-audio that supposed to be the microwave killer for 300 bucks?

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    has anyone peeped out that shit from mm-audio that supposed to be the microwave killer for 300 bucks?

I read on another forum that it has A LOT of bugs. I do like how it can synch tracks for you so you dont have to worry about maintaining your blends...you can spend that time/mindpower being creative in other ways instead. It has something like 8 sample banks which is nice too.. I think you can have 4 tracks playing at once as well.

I assume Microwave will be overhauling Scratch Live shortly with all the new competition in mp3 based djing software from m-audio, pioneer, numark, mix vibes, ableton, pcdj, stanton, and native instruments. oh, I heard yamaha was getting in on it too. Hopefully they offer some of the better features found in the other guys products (internal recording being the one I want the most)

UDG also makes a "producer" bag that would work for SSL as well. however, if you have problems with the price of the heavyweight headliner stuff then I think you wont be up for the UDG.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    m-audio is the McD's of shitrocks. never ever EVER touch that stuff unless you only plan to use it in front of your mom.

• I assume Microwave will be overhauling Scratch Live shortly with all the new competition in mp3 based djing software from m-audio, pioneer, numark, mix vibes, ableton, pcdj, stanton, and native instruments. oh, I heard yamaha was getting in on it too. Hopefully they offer some of the better features found in the other guys products (internal recording being the one I want the most)

possibly, but quite frankly, all those other systems that do all the mixing for you will probably appeal mainly to first-time and beginning 'djs'. I use that term lightly, cause if the program does all the work, it's a glorified jukebox and all you are doing is picking out songs.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

I assume Microwave will be overhauling Scratch Live shortly with all the new competition in mp3 based djing software from m-audio, pioneer, numark, mix vibes, ableton, pcdj, stanton, and native instruments. oh, I heard yamaha was getting in on it too. Hopefully they offer some of the better features found in the other guys products (internal recording being the one I want the most)

possibly, but quite frankly, all those other systems that do all the mixing for you will probably appeal mainly to first-time and beginning 'djs'. I use that term lightly, cause if the program does all the work, it's a glorified jukebox and all you are doing is picking out songs.

yeah I agree with you on that with the newjacks/ jukebox tip. The reason I am exited about that technology is so I can really freak some shit. I wouldnt use it to easily line up a sequence of tracks that the program mixes perfectly for me no way. I would use it to turn my sets into something more similar to a multitracked mixtape. Loops from this ontop of loops from that, this accapella weaving through it all, that bass line getting flipped. you know REALLY taking advantage of the technology.

Sometimes I see matching tempos as a creative barrier. I have been djing for 10 years, making my living at it for 5 and as much as I have loved stepping up to a conventional setup to do my thing I must say that I have been looking for ways to expand the limits of what I do in my set. for example, It would be nice to be able to trigger multiple instances of sound at once (songs, loops, phrases,...whatever it may be)

Sure newjacks will always be around and its on them to put in the work to get good (which leads to getting gigs, building a neame, etc) but I firmly believe that the new jacks that dont really have the love, passion, drive, and determination fall to the wayside with the quickness.

so back to what I need first in SSL, internal recording! I know they can just write that into the software. I just got an empath so I aint buying that 57 anytime soon (it has the capability of internal recording)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    a glorified jukebox and all you are doing is picking out songs.

I thought thats what a dj was anyway. Anyways, i didnt know it did blends for you too! thats hilarious! You are all about to get fazed out by computers!