MED- Push Comes to Shove??

Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone buy this album? I really wasn't the biggest fan of Medaphor, but I've liked what I've heard of this new album. Dude even has Just Blaze laying down a track for him and the Madlib & Jay Dee production has sounded pretty hot as well. Any reviews?

Comments

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    I haven't really peeped it properly yet, because I'm not a fan of Medaphoar's choppy style, but the beats seem to be on point. And Madlib's production on "Can't Hold On" is .

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    It's dope. I've never been a big fan of MED, but "Push ???" brings the heat. His style is growing on me, and 90% of the beats are grade A. Nothing revolutionary, just rock-solid.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    In the style of MED my opinion is that:
    This...albumisbland...iwish...madlibhadn't....givehimanybeatstorhymeover...and....justblazephoned....inhisbeat....synthbynumbers....notasgoodasmadlib....wildchildmedkaziohnoallasdullaseachother....never....gonnaputoutahot....album.....bobmarleyplusbozscaggs....equals....betterthanmedswholealbum....

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    It's dope. I've never been a big fan of MED, but "Push ???" brings the heat. His style is growing on me, and 90% of the beats are grade A. Nothing revolutionary, just rock-solid.

• kilogramkilogram 152 Posts
    i love it. better than i was expecting. really recommend it.
    was kind of let down by the just blaze track though.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Word, now my question for you good sir, is why I cannot purchase your Madvillian remixes in stores stateside.

Word, now my question for you good sir, is why I cannot purchase your Madvillian remixes in stores stateside.

It's Eurotrash exclusive i'm afraid... Holla at www.juno.co.uk for the cheapest uk place to order it from...

• awallawall 673 Posts
    here's what I think: stones throw is really milking madlib for all that he's worth. as if it's not enough to put out every musical idea he can think of and lazily execute, they have to put out all of his boring homeboys albums too. the result is a bunch of albums from MC that are mediocore at best or singers that can't sing. it's like an oxnard talent show.

here's what I think: stones throw is really milking madlib for all that he's worth. as if it's not enough to put out every musical idea he can think of and lazily execute, they have to put out all of his boring homeboys albums too. the result is a bunch of albums from MC that are mediocore at best or singers that can't sing. it's like an oxnard talent show.

yeah madlib

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    it's like an oxnard talent show.

hahaha

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    only just heard it last night, i really like it.