bitch ass ebay advice

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
if i have ebay auctions, can i link up a website where i'm selling shit? will ebay yank the auctions? or do i have to do it all sneaky like check out:w w w DOT soulstrut DOT c o m how come raj got yanked for saying he accepted cash? is paypal the only way now that they merged? what the fuck is going on in the world?

Comments

• autezautez 404 Posts
    yes you can link your site. and yea they dont allow cash as a form of payment. heard if u just write c.a.s.h. or ca$h your listing wont get deleted.

• "WE ACCEPT ALL FORMS OF SKRILLA AND YAPER."

I got mines bounced for saying dead presidents but I think as long as you don't say "at your own risk" you should be straight (though I just took the whole thing out and when people win, I let them know what the drillz.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

Permitted on eBay.com: Sellers may offer to accept PayPal, credit cards including MasterCard/Visa /Amex/Discover?? Network, debit cards and bank electronic payments online for eBay purchases. Sellers may also offer to accept bank-to-bank transfers, often known as bank wire transfers or bank cash transfers. Sellers may accept COD (cash on delivery) or cash for in person transactions. Sellers may offer to accept personal checks, money orders, cashier's checks, certified checks and other negotiable instruments. Please see the "Some Examples" section of this policy for those evaluated payment services permitted in the eBay marketplace.

Not permitted on eBay.com: Sellers may not solicit buyers to mail cash. Sellers may not ask buyers to send cash through instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as Western Union or Moneygram. Sellers may not solicit payment through "topping off" of a seller's pre-paid credit or debit card. Finally, sellers may not request payment through online payment methods not specifically permitted in this policy. Please see the "Some Examples" section of this policy for those evaluated payment services not permitted in the eBay marketplace.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

Permitted on eBay.com: Sellers may offer to accept PayPal, credit cards including MasterCard/Visa /Amex/Discover?? Network, debit cards and bank electronic payments online for eBay purchases. Sellers may also offer to accept bank-to-bank transfers, often known as bank wire transfers or bank cash transfers. Sellers may accept COD (cash on delivery) or cash for in person transactions. Sellers may offer to accept personal checks, money orders, cashier's checks, certified checks and other negotiable instruments. Please see the "Some Examples" section of this policy for those evaluated payment services permitted in the eBay marketplace.

Not permitted on eBay.com: Sellers may not solicit buyers to mail cash. Sellers may not ask buyers to send cash through instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as Western Union or Moneygram. Sellers may not solicit payment through "topping off" of a seller's pre-paid credit or debit card. Finally, sellers may not request payment through online payment methods not specifically permitted in this policy. Please see the "Some Examples" section of this policy for those evaluated payment services not permitted in the eBay marketplace.

I dont have auctions on ebay yet, but is there a large amount of people trying to pay in cash? if so im defiantly accepting it.

I can see ebays stance though on the no cash tip. they are trying to help out with all the fraud. If you could send cash there is no record of it, no receipt unlike a money order or paypal transaction. Ive seen cases where people have sent mpcs thru for cash and get fucked with no vasoline over it. Its kind of blind faith sending that loot in cash. I personally would never pay for it like that. paypal gives me a little ease of mind with there protection services.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    is there a large amount of people trying to pay in cash?

no.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    is there a large amount of people trying to pay in cash?

no.

No, but occasionally you get those baller foreigners who send crisp hundred dollar bills and ain't nothing like it.

(tiddy bars here I come)

• I had an auction pulled the same day as Raj, But mine was for not taking Credit Cards thru Pay Pal.

Assholes.

• is there a large amount of people trying to pay in cash?

no.

No, but occasionally you get those baller foreigners who send crisp hundred dollar bills and ain't nothing like it.

(tiddy bars here I come)

• our auctions still have "cash accepted"" in the auctions..but it is part of a .gif, so no text shows up in the html, just the link for the image...so I guess that is how it slips under the radar.

ima have to go with that.well put.

yeah, the crisp foreign bills arent as common as they once were, but i used to love that shit!!

ok, so website linkage is good
    im about to phonetrace.org people like a motherfucker

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Ahhh yes, the bills are crisp. Those guys usually just email you anyhow though. So, I don't think it's essential to list cash as an option.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Fuck I just had some threads pulled for "Keyword Spamming." You can't list other records you have for sale? They let 107 others stay up with the exact same list in the description.

Dear ayres1976,

You recently listed the following listing:

260059814314 - LL Cool J - Pink Cookies In A Plastic Bag....12"
    260059812528 - Rock Solid
    260059811033 - Satanik Mashups Vol V
    260059810244 - Prince - Controversy 12"
    260059810728 - Joan Jett - I Love Rock Roll 12"

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Keyword Spamming policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your listing:

A Certain Ratio / Human League - In The Beginning There Was Rhythm 12", Very Good
    Arthur Russell - The World Of Arthur Russell 3LP, Very Good +
    Audio Two - Make It Funky / Top Billin' 12", Very Good
    Berlin - Sex (I'm A...) (Promo), Very Good
    Bj??rk - Vespertine 2xLP, Very Good +
    Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star LP, Very Good
    Blackalicious - A2G EP

etc etc

ll fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has
    been canceled.

Keyword spamming is the practice of placing inappropriate words in searchable text to draw attention to Web content. To ensure that members' searches produce relevant results, sellers are not permitted to put brand names or other inappropriate keywords in a listing title or description for the purpose of attracting members to a listing. Sellers can only include a brand name under certain limited conditions.

For example, eBay doesn't permit sellers to include an extensive list of keywords or brand names that don't relate directly to the item being offered.

For example, if a seller purchases a pair of jeans with the "Venezia" brand name at the Lane Bryant retail store, the seller is not permitted to reference Lane Bryant in the title of the listing. (The Lane Bryant price tag is not considered a label.)

For more information on the eBay Keyword Spamming policy, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/keyword-spam.html

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

For more information on why eBay may remove listings, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/listing-ended.html

For more information on how you may ensure a successful listing in the future, visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/policies.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety