OZ HELP: Antonio Castro W.E.L.F.A.R.E. chargeback!

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Hey yall,A friend of mine recently sold a copy of the rare and incredible "W.E.L.F.A.R.E." 45 on ebay for $900 - here's a link to the old auction:http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTONIO-CASTRO-WELFA...6QQcmdZViewItemThe record went to Australia and, a few weeks later, the amount was charged back. The package was mailed using International Priority but apparently they don't track packages once they leave the USPS's hands. The name that the record was mailed to will be forthcoming once I get it; the seller said it's a Chinese name.My friend is out $900, has had his paypal account frozen, and some fucker is sitting on an extremely rare record that they got for free.If anyone knows the buyer - I'm assuming the misspiggley shit is some alias - please hit me with the info. Obviously everyone can keep anonymity or whatever... but the dealer is a good dude with a long history in records and doesn't deserve to be done like this. A record like the Antonio Castro doesn't exactly grow on trees so hopefully someone has noticed a copy popping up somewhere in Australia.Thanks - Jonny

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    but the dealer is a good dude with a long history in records and doesn't deserve to be done like this.

Jonny, I don't doubt your friend is good peoples and knows his shit, but how on earth did he send a $900 record to a new ebay registered user with 0 feedback?

• i know.

let's just say dude is old school - he comes from the "list" era.

• welcom to my world, of pain.

otis lee "hard roe to hoe" 1000 chargeback RIP

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Johnny,

please to PM me his/her name and address.

I will have someone take care of them.

I have an idea who it might be...

peace.

• Will do Bevan - I should get it some time later today or tonight (it's about 2 in the afternoon over here).

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    but the dealer is a good dude with a long history in records and doesn't deserve to be done like this.

Jonny, I don't doubt your friend is good peoples and knows his shit, but how on earth did he send a $900 record to a new ebay registered user with 0 feedback?

that would have sent up warning flags to me too, but some people are much more trusting than others.

this is such a shame....I really hope he gets his $ or record!

that track is

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I hope this gets taken care of...that shit is bogus!

Ya'll have no idea how happy I was to see a positive feedback from the buyer of a raer G+ graded 45 I sold for $450 the other week...phew...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah, post up the name. What state in Oz is the buyer from?
    No idea who it is, but if they're in the Sydney region I might eb able to check it out if you have some kind of contact info based on the user ID. They had to mail that shit to an address, right?