Nas. Leaked. Sigh.

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
http://e-junkie.blogspot.comNas Cagney. Holla back when you hear it.

Comments

• Already dead.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Link. Dead. Sigh.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    All three of 'em?

Damn, that was fast.

Gimme a min

IN the meantime, does anyone have a copy of "White Man's Paper"? The song Nas did with Damian? It got dropped off the final CD.

Found this - not sure if it's still good though:

http://rapidshare.com/files/6495417/hh.sitx.html

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    All three of 'em?

Damn, that was fast.

Gimme a min

IN the meantime, does anyone have a copy of "White Man's Paper"? The song Nas did with Damian? It got dropped off the final CD.

Yeah, that dude's blog seems to be on the radar of every major label around. His links get shut down fast.

• Found this - not sure if it's still good though:

http://rapidshare.com/files/6495417/hh.sitx.html

But what kinna file format is .styx

• But what kinna file format is .styx

StuffIt X is a revolutionary new archive file format powered by Aladdin's exclusive ATOM??? compression technology. StuffIt X makes archives with a .sitx file extension. The StuffIt X file format integrates compression with security and safety options to meet the requirements of business and today's digital lifestyle. more...
    http://www.stuffit.com/compression/sitxformat.html

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I got it from http://www.smokingsection.net/ no problems.

• But what kinna file format is .styx

StuffIt X is a revolutionary new archive file format powered by Aladdin's exclusive ATOM??? compression technology. StuffIt X makes archives with a .sitx file extension. The StuffIt X file format integrates compression with security and safety options to meet the requirements of business and today's digital lifestyle. more...
    http://www.stuffit.com/compression/sitxformat.html

Good lookin' out Mint!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    So... what's the verdict on this? I've only skimmed through it so far. At first I was like "dope how Salaam Remi flipped Headhunters" on "You Can't Kill Me", but overall that shit is pretty damn boring.

HOWEVER...

I'm feeling "Where Are They Now" (you knew I would... well...err...kinda) "Still Dreaming", "Play on Playa" and "Can't Forget About You".

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i heard this isnt the real version but who knows

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    i heard this isnt the real version but who knows

Man I hope not cause alot of these beats are zzzzzz......

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    maybe they're the leftovers from kingdom come

• there seems to be 6 or 7 great songs
    as for the rest... it's certainly not bad. Nas can rap and all but it's just kind of... boring.
    Who Killed It Is just bizarre.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Nas Cagney.

I don't know how I forgot to mention it, but that's a big

All I can do is shake my head on that one.

• ^Yeah that voice thing.. ummm I don't get it. Isn't there ANYBODY from the idea to doing the song to mixing and mastering, to listening sessions, etc.. that says "Hey Nas that sucks."

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What up peoples. Due to the amount of 12 year aged Jameson I've drank tonight, my sample spotting superpowers and memory are a little fuzzy! What is the sample for "Still Dreamin'" I need to know the original folls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I know....................

But fuck that for tonight! I need to know this.

• Nas Cagney.

oh. my. god.

Nas Cagney.

oh. my. god.

Phill knows the motherfucking deal. Shit goes way past bizarre. That's like a career-ending move.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Nas Cagney.

oh. my. god.

Phill knows the motherfucking deal. Shit goes way past bizarre. That's like a career-ending move.

I was outside having a ciggarette earlier and this actually crossed my mind again like "what in the fuck was he thinking?". Someone had to have been in his ear because he's THE LAST[/b] person I could ever see bugging out like that.

I don't know if it's career ending material - it's just one song - but it'll definitley make people look at dude a little different.

Day,

I'm exaggerating on purpose but really, it was the worse thing dudes ever done.

I'm also trying to get this image out of my head: when Nas rhymes "ass" with "big mouth bass"

Aiya.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    aser: ok playing
    aser: what?
    aser: what?
    day: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    aser: wtf is going on
    aser: is this a joke
    day: nope
    aser: he sounds like he's 60

• Nas Cagney.

oh. my. god.

Jay-Z talked him into doing this schitt, I just KNOW it.

• The Nas-as-gumshoe is just so out of context it's almost funny. What was the dude thinking? And is this sort of roleplaying going to revive hip hop?

Apart from that though, I think it's pretty solid. Much better than Kingdom Come in my mind game.

• remember on his last album he rapped as that girl and I don't think anyone got that either. I think they labeled her as scarlet even though it was just Nas with his vocals messed with.

remember on his last album he rapped as that girl and I don't think anyone got that either. I think they labeled her as scarlet even though it was just Nas with his vocals messed with.

Yeah but that at least sounded good.

THis was just a train wreck of bad ideas smashing together.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    remember on his last album he rapped as that girl and I don't think anyone got that either. I think they labeled her as scarlet even though it was just Nas with his vocals messed with.
    dude there are NO excuses for this song haha. shit is just plain bad. seriously, jay had to have put him up on this shit

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Nas Cagney.

Hahahaha. MAN, wtf?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this album is a perfect example of why downloading albums before buying them is a good idea.

• remember on his last album he rapped as that girl and I don't think anyone got that either. I think they labeled her as scarlet even though it was just Nas with his vocals messed with.
    dude there are NO excuses for this song haha. shit is just plain bad. seriously, jay had to have put him up on this shit

oh no doubt. I was pointing out that it seems like Nas is doing these waiting for us all to go "Wow Nas you're so talented and creative" but we're just like, "yeah we see you doing this stuff, we're trying to ignore it and hope you'll just stop it." Someone really needs to tell him to stop it. Then again he's alienated everyone he's ever known that had talent.