backpacks v suitcases

lucerolucero 425 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
as I get older I'm getting more and more down with the suitcase, and I'm not talking for some jay Z concert, I mean travelling related sure, you might have issues when it comes to some steep and rocky mountain pass you're attempting to traverse on foot, but it seems to me that more often than not the suitcase (with wheels of course) is they way to go when it comes to travellingthere is also the added benefits of not having all your shit scrunched, and avoiding that ever ubiquitous term / characterisation which is backpacker suitcases can also accomodate records discuss

Comments

• your is plane is late in arriving in Rome, thus you have to take a later train to Firenze...you get to Firenze 7 hours later than you told the lanlord of the apartment you are renting...you havent slept in about 26 hours. You now have to walk all over Firenze looking for a hotel/pension you can stay at for the night because the landlord and his number wont be answered til 9AM the next day...you have to walk up 5 flights of stairs to your room...you are damn glad you dont have a grown and sexy suitcase to drag around, you are thanking the gods above that all of your stuff is strapped to your back.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    Er*c - did you miss the bit about wheels? suitcases come with rollerblade jawns these days that make them roll smooth like a billiard table

• Er*c - did you miss the bit about wheels? suitcases come with rollerblade jawns these days that make them roll smooth like a billiard table

yeah, they work great if you are under 6 foot tall...the handles are never long enough for my 6'5" frame and I have to walk like the hunchback to wheel them around...

I would go the suitacase route if I could afford taxis everywhere though...you are right, they have more style than some red and greay nylon hump on your back.