POST A RAER, YOU'RE FAVORITE RAER

2»

Comments

• yo DOR, that torres album is   ...thnx!! ive copped so much ill shit from this site over the years!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'll post some shit I really like.

This joint is called "do anything you wanna" by Harold Betters.

I don't know what you call this kind of music. Its kinda swingy, kinda soulful, kinda loungy.... But its one of my favorite 45s.

Please Login To See Premium Content

I collect covers of caravan. Its one of my favorite songs. I've only heard a few versions that suck. Right now the Les Elgart version is pure lounge genius, but I'd have to say on the scale of pure ILLNESS, this cover from a demonstration record for the "Explorer" organ is the king. You decided, I guess.

Les Elgart - Caravan

explorer organ - caravan

J. Gardner - Mustard Greens

Another favorite of mine.

Alright this is kinda fun.

but,

its time for that REAL LOUNGE SCHITT. These songs are just fucking fun. Pour a glass of Jameson's on ice, with a splass of water, and bug out. This is a swanky ass jam:

Kai Winding - Mohair Sam

Some more corny but lovable shit... In a latin flavor:

Chuey Reyes - Jack Jack Jack

I buy percussion and bongo records. Why not? By now I've learned most of the standards from all these lounge records, so I like hearing them all bongoed out. This next slice of sleazy lounge cheeziness is from a record that's probably in dollarbins across america, Percussive Organ And Bongos. I even like the name. Its like, hey, what should we call our record? I know, how about since we are playing percussive organ and bongos, we call it, uh, percussive organ and bongos!

Sids blues, everybody:

Thats enough for now. Yes, I really do like this kind of music. I think its fun. I hope some of you like it also.

• I collect covers of caravan. Its one of my favorite songs. I've only heard a few versions that suck. Right now the Les Elgart version is pure lounge genius, but I'd have to say on the scale of pure ILLNESS, this cover from a demonstration record for the "Explorer" organ is the king. You decided, I guess.

Les Elgart - Caravan

explorer organ - caravan

Damn very nice stuff, I'm also a big fan of caravan but I've never really looked around for cover versions. These are killer I'm especially liking the explorer organ this shit is pure .

Does anyone know what instrument is playing the riff in the explorer organ track?? It sounds like a synth of some kind but is a very unique....an arp maybe? I've heard the same sounds on a couple Galt McDermot tracks too, anybody got any info?

That's, um, the explorer organ....

seriously though, it is, and I want one. bad.

• That's, um, the explorer organ....

seriously though, it is, and I want one. bad.

o really hahahha, I feel like a fool. Damn, I thought the explorer organ was playing the melody. This thing doesn't sound anything like an organ!

I'm gonna see if I can find some samples of it somewhere, maybe get the real deal if I had some space...sounds so dope.

good looking out man

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    The Mandells - Now I Know (I Love You)

Basically everything amazing about soul music wrapped up in one short song.

• I love these threads. So much new music to appreciate.

Here's some for ya'll in return... Enjoy.

An early General Crook track.... File under soul/funk/garage with 'psyche moves' or just plain

Certainly one of my faves... as for raer...????

General Crook- Turn On Your Love Light

Downtempo soulful niceness...
    Benny Spellman- Sinner Girl

For the dancer in you ....
    Prince Phillip Mitchell- One On One

Crown Heights Affair- Sitting On Top Of The World

Mellow jazz...
    Hadley Caliman- Gala

And some yard ting dem....

Skatalites- Apanga

• not raer per say but i dig this stuff alot for some reason

Cloud One - Funky Track

• Feelin this track..it's

thats why i dont have it
    but i do have a nice mp3 to share!

Vaneese & Carolyn - goodbye song

enjoy!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Ripped tonight, just for this thread:

Not super-rare, but not easy to come across, either, and just one of
    the most stirring & affecting soul LP's of the 60's. If you like your
    soul with a strong gospel feel, the untouchable falsetto of Rondalis Tandy
    will keep this Texas group in heavy rotation on your system for a long time.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Thanks to everyone for all those great tunes, here is my contribution: Billy Jones & The Stars "Love Is Gonna Rain On You" on Imperial from 1977.

As far as I know this was recorded in Holland and released in Europe only, correct me if I'm wrong. "All My Brothers Are Clean" and "Message From A Black Man" are my favs here. I hope the sound quality is okay I think I need a new needle...

Enjoy!

• Ripped tonight, just for this thread:

Not super-rare, but not easy to come across, either, and just one of
    the most stirring & affecting soul LP's of the 60's. If you like your
    soul with a strong gospel feel, the untouchable falsetto of Rondalis Tandy
    will keep this Texas group in heavy rotation on your system for a long time.

damn straight it isnt easy to find! amazing fort worth, TX group....I am still bumpin' my solid smoke re-ish (a singles collection, but almost the same record) thanks for this! "find me a love" is mid-60s texan sweet DUB soul...no shit!

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Probably not RAER...but I didn't know it, and I reeeeeeally dig this album. Primo Cabo Verde stuff. I played the track 'Corre Riba Corre Baxo' to an audience that had never heard it, and they were all up dancing.

Abel Lima E Les Sofas - Nos Bida

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Love this Maze track, Cosmo. Breezin'.

• some 45s I have been stealing as of late

cutty sark-dusty

homeboy wants it back.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Robert Vanderbilt - A Message Especially From God

I cant stop playin this
    came across this mp3 by accident
    someone get me this record

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Marvin Whoremonger is dope. Thanks for posting!

• tsotso 39 Posts
    Sweet.
    Although one thing strikes me with this song, the bass and drums is panned almost 100% right. Strange

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    Great thread!

Here's the soundtrack to John & Faith Hubley's 'Voyage to Next' from 1974. 

It's composed & conducted by Dizzy Gillespie with wordless vocals by Dee Dee Bridgewater. Dizzy is also the voice actor of Father Time together with Maureen Stapleton as Mother Earth.

Dizzy Gillespie - Voyage to Next - 1974

This is taken from a 90's CD release called 'Journey to Next' including various Hubley soundtracks. But does anyone know if this soundtrack was ever released on vinyl (maybe on a compilation)? Please to let me know. Enjoy!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Stan Tracey - Under Milk Wood

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Extra Golden - Ok-Oyot System

raer in a since they will never be together again, new in a since that it was made in 2005. its just badass music.

Otieno Jagwasi is the quintessential benga musician. Born in Kenya's western Luo-speaking Nyanza Province, the cradle of the local style, he was a child prodigy on the fiddle-like orutu, which, when transposed to electric guitar, became the substrate of benga. He played with Circle K, a band that split off from benga godfather D.O. Misiani???s Shirati Jazz. He gigged intensively, raised chickens and led two popular Nairobi bands???Extra Solar Africa and Orchestra Hits International???scoring some local successes. And then, shortly after recording Ok-Oyot System, he died, ravaged by disease, in May 2005 at the age of 34.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Robert Vanderbilt - A Message Especially From God

I cant stop playin this
    came across this mp3 by accident
    someone get me this record

I have a spare.

What obscure funk or soul 45's do you have to trade for it?

• Feelin this track..it's

thats why i dont have it
    but i do have a nice mp3 to share!

Vaneese & Carolyn - goodbye song

enjoy!

This is ill!! Never heard this before. Oh how I love obscure major label soul.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

OOOHH SHIT!!! Simply stunning boogie LP. I definitely see/hear why this goes for loot. THANKS A TON!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• oh jesus christ.